Old 06-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Nagy Gabor

Default vercmp behavior changed on "1.5b versus 1.5" compare

> The same for 1.5b versus 1.5.

typo: 1.5b-1 versus 1.5-1

Bye

Old 06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
"Dan McGee"

2008/6/14 Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu>:
>> The same for 1.5b versus 1.5.
>>
> typo: 1.5b-1 versus 1.5-1

Can you send a patch to vercmptest.sh and show us the difference
before and after?

Either way, I'm not convinced there is a right answer to what is
greater and lesser, but it does warrent looking into as the behavior
changed. I did see some comments in the new code alluding to some
upstream changes that may have been related to version numbers similar
to this.

-Dan

Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Nagy Gabor

> 2008/6/14 Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu>:
> >> The same for 1.5b versus 1.5.
> >>
> > typo: 1.5b-1 versus 1.5-1
>
> Can you send a patch to vercmptest.sh and show us the difference
> before and after?
>
> Either way, I'm not convinced there is a right answer to what is
> greater and lesser, but it does warrent looking into as the behavior
> changed. I did see some comments in the new code alluding to some
> upstream changes that may have been related to version numbers similar
> to this.
>
> -Dan

Sorry, I cannot send a real patch atm (I can send it tomorrow, if it is
needed), try adding these lines to vercmptest.sh (around line 90):

runtest 1.5b-1 1.5-1 -1
runtest 1.5b 1.5 -1
runtest 1.5b-1 1.5 -1
runtest 1.5b 1.5.1 -1

Iirc, all "passed" with old version, none passes with new version. I think the
old behavior is better.

Bye

Old 07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Xavier

Nagy Gabor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I hope this wasn't discussed here earlier, I haven't followed this thread
> lately. I think I said everything in subject, the old vercmp said that
> 1.5b<1.5, the new one says 1.5b>1.5. The same for 1.5b versus 1.5.

Just a small notice that this also became problematic today with the
upgrade of nss, which was just upgraded from 3.12rc4 to 3.12.
So it goes fine with pacman 3.1, but not with pacman git. And even when
I try to upgrade nss with pacman -S nss, this fails because xulrunner
has the following depends : nss>=3.12rc4