Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Allan McRae

Default groups spanning multiple repositories

Is it possible to work around this?

> pacman -S base
:: group base (including ignored packages):
filesystem libdownload mlocate
:: Install whole content? [Y/n] Y
:: group base (including ignored packages):
acl attr bash binutils bzip2 coreutils cpio cracklib
cryptsetup
dash db dcron device-mapper dhcpcd dialog dmapi e2fsprogs file
<snip>
:: Install whole content? [Y/n]

The first "base" group is from [testing] and the second is from [core].
I seem to recall seeing this discussed a long time ago but can't find it
anywhere so I wanted to ask before I potentially wasted time looking
into it.

Allan

Old 06-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Xavier

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Allan McRae <allan.mcrae@qimr.edu.au> wrote:
> Is it possible to work around this?
>
> > pacman -S base
> :: group base (including ignored packages):
> filesystem libdownload mlocate
> :: Install whole content? [Y/n] Y
> :: group base (including ignored packages):
> acl attr bash binutils bzip2 coreutils cpio cracklib
> cryptsetup
> dash db dcron device-mapper dhcpcd dialog dmapi e2fsprogs file
> <snip>
> :: Install whole content? [Y/n]
>
> The first "base" group is from [testing] and the second is from [core].
> I seem to recall seeing this discussed a long time ago but can't find it
> anywhere so I wanted to ask before I potentially wasted time looking
> into it.

Just for clarification, you would like each group to be printed just
once, mixing packages from every sync databases, right?

Old 06-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Allan McRae

Xavier wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Allan McRae <allan.mcrae@qimr.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to work around this?
>>
>> > pacman -S base
>> :: group base (including ignored packages):
>> filesystem libdownload mlocate
>> :: Install whole content? [Y/n] Y
>> :: group base (including ignored packages):
>> acl attr bash binutils bzip2 coreutils cpio cracklib
>> cryptsetup
>> dash db dcron device-mapper dhcpcd dialog dmapi e2fsprogs file
>> <snip>
>> :: Install whole content? [Y/n]
>>
>> The first "base" group is from [testing] and the second is from [core].
>> I seem to recall seeing this discussed a long time ago but can't find it
>> anywhere so I wanted to ask before I potentially wasted time looking
>> into it.
>>

> Just for clarification, you would like each group to be printed just
> once, mixing packages from every sync databases, right?

Yes, I think that would be more sensible.