Old 06-06-2008, 04:18 AM
"Dan McGee"

Default Pending 3.2 release thread

This thread is meant for discussion about the upcoming 3.2 release
which I would like to do in the next two to three weeks. It has been a
while since a major release and I think we should get one out the
door. At this point I think we can say there should be no large-scale
feature addition before the release, and I would encourage you to
heavily use and test the current master git branch on your system to
ensure we aren't letting anything slip by we shouldn't. I updated
pacman-git tonight in my repository for i686. I will try to get an
x86_64 build updated sometime as well.

Nagy has mentioned that FS#8905 should get looked at before the
release, and I tend to agree, although I am not sure how to proceed
with this. Please let me know what you guys think, and if we have any
pending patches outstanding to fix this issue please resubmit.

If you feel an outstanding bug should be a blocker, speak now or never.

We will need one week for translation requests and updates to be
submitted, so we can continue to do some small-scale fixes at that
point if they don't affect strings.

On-topic thoughts/comments/questions are welcome.

-Dan

Old 06-06-2008, 08:36 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/6/6 Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
> This thread is meant for discussion about the upcoming 3.2 release
> which I would like to do in the next two to three weeks. It has been a
> while since a major release and I think we should get one out the
> door. At this point I think we can say there should be no large-scale
> feature addition before the release, and I would encourage you to
> heavily use and test the current master git branch on your system to
> ensure we aren't letting anything slip by we shouldn't. I updated
> pacman-git tonight in my repository for i686. I will try to get an
> x86_64 build updated sometime as well.
>
> Nagy has mentioned that FS#8905 should get looked at before the
> release, and I tend to agree, although I am not sure how to proceed
> with this. Please let me know what you guys think, and if we have any
> pending patches outstanding to fix this issue please resubmit.
>
> If you feel an outstanding bug should be a blocker, speak now or never.
>
> We will need one week for translation requests and updates to be
> submitted, so we can continue to do some small-scale fixes at that
> point if they don't affect strings.
>
> On-topic thoughts/comments/questions are welcome.

I'll try to make Ukrainian translation (mostly done) ready for inclusion.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 06-07-2008, 08:22 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/6/6, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
> We will need one week for translation requests and updates to be
> submitted, so we can continue to do some small-scale fixes at that
> point if they don't affect strings.

I will send the updated Italian translation within a week.

--
Giovanni Scafora
Arch Linux Trusted User (voidnull)

Old 06-07-2008, 08:27 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/6, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
>> We will need one week for translation requests and updates to be
>> submitted, so we can continue to do some small-scale fixes at that
>> point if they don't affect strings.
>
> I will send the updated Italian translation within a week.

That is fine, but we haven't called for a string freeze yet so keep in
mind we might still have a few small changes.

-Dan

Old 06-07-2008, 08:45 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/6/7, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
> That is fine, but we haven't called for a string freeze yet so keep in
> mind we might still have a few small changes.

OK.
Then I wait for a string freeze before sending a patch.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Allan McRae

Dan McGee wrote:
> This thread is meant for discussion about the upcoming 3.2 release
> which I would like to do in the next two to three weeks. It has been a
> while since a major release and I think we should get one out the
> door.

So, a month down the track, what is happening with this?

Allan