Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Thiago Kenji Okada

Default nss-pam-ldap on AUR

I am trying to setup LDAP and NSS/PAM authentication on my laboratory, but
had some serious issues with nss_ldap (the system boot would lock-up when
udev starts), so I was looking for alternatives when I found the
nss-pam-ldap module (http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/), which works
great.

The problem is, we have three different nss-pam-ldap PKGBUILDs on AUR, and
neither of them is good (no one has systemd service files, all of them are
out of date, one doesn't even install correctly). I would maintain my own
package (that is a mix of some of these packages), but since there is
already three differents packages I choose to not do so (well, I can't even
think of a appropriate name since all of them are taken).

So we have a problem here, I can maintain a package since it's of my own
interest (at least until I discover how to use the nss_ldap module without
problems), but I can't simple create another one. Here are the three
nss-pam-ldap modules on AUR:

Thiago Kenji Okada <thiago.mast3r@gmail.com>
PGP Key: EEC09705

Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 15.10.2012 16:08, schrieb Thiago Kenji Okada:
> So we have a problem here, I can maintain a package since it's of my own
> interest (at least until I discover how to use the nss_ldap module without
> problems), but I can't simple create another one. Here are the three
> nss-pam-ldap modules on AUR:

The correct procedure would be to post to [aur-general] and request
deletion of the broken packages. It seems like you invested some time in
this, so your package should be the only one named 'nss-pam-ldap'.