Old 10-14-2012, 03:53 AM
martin kalcher

Default Gnome 3.6, No logout entry? (Gnome-unstable and testing)

Am 13.10.2012 19:00, schrieb Brandon Watkins:

I've just upgraded my arch install to [testing] and [gnome-unstable].
Almost everything works fine, except there is no entry for logout in the
gnome-shell user menu. I disabled all my extensions to make sure that
wasn't the cause. Is this a known issue? Any workaround?

Gnome removed the 'Log Out' and 'Switch User' for single user machines
[0] (Search for 'Shutdown'), because of... i dont know.

The obvious workaround is creating a second user or waiting for an
extension. Probably alternative-status-menu [1].

[0]
http://www.farisvoice.com/2012/09/27/the-new-linux-desktop-generation-under-the-microscope/

[1] https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/5/alternative-status-menu/