Old 10-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Genes MailLists

Default boot problem with missing root fs solved

With recent kernels & udev + initscripts I started having warm boot
problems with one of my desktops. Fully updated testing repo (3.6.2).
Cold boot works fine.

The boot console looks very similar to these:

http://serverfault.com/questions/394721/strange-boot-behaviour

Today I switched that pc to systemd - and the problem has gone away.

I cannot tell if it was udev timout bug - but booting with systemd
did make the issue vanish.

In case anyone else has this.

gene