Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Brandon Watkins

Default Gnome 3.6, No logout entry? (Gnome-unstable and testing)

I've just upgraded my arch install to [testing] and [gnome-unstable].
Almost everything works fine, except there is no entry for logout in the
gnome-shell user menu. I disabled all my extensions to make sure that
wasn't the cause. Is this a known issue? Any workaround?

Old 10-14-2012, 01:02 AM
甘露(Gan Lu)

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Brandon Watkins <bwat47@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just upgraded my arch install to [testing] and [gnome-unstable].
> Almost everything works fine, except there is no entry for logout in the
> gnome-shell user menu. I disabled all my extensions to make sure that
> wasn't the cause. Is this a known issue? Any workaround?
I used to logout with 'systemctl restart gdm", don't know why gnome
3.6 removed the logout option with single user, which is quite
inconvenient.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 AM
甘露(Gan Lu)

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM, martin kalcher
<martin.kalcher@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 13.10.2012 19:00, schrieb Brandon Watkins:
>
>> I've just upgraded my arch install to [testing] and [gnome-unstable].
>> Almost everything works fine, except there is no entry for logout in the
>> gnome-shell user menu. I disabled all my extensions to make sure that
>> wasn't the cause. Is this a known issue? Any workaround?
>>

> Gnome removed the 'Log Out' and 'Switch User' for single user machines [0]
> (Search for 'Shutdown'), because of... i dont know.
>
> The obvious workaround is creating a second user or waiting for an
> extension. Probably alternative-status-menu [1].
alternative-status-menu doesn't work, it just adds suspend.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Adriano Moura

2012/10/14 甘露(Gan Lu) <rhythm.gan@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM, martin kalcher
> alternative-status-menu doesn't work, it just adds suspend.

And it's also missing hibernate now...

Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Calvin Morrison

On 14 October 2012 18:03, Adriano Moura <adriano.lols@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/10/14 甘露(Gan Lu) <rhythm.gan@gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM, martin kalcher
>> alternative-status-menu doesn't work, it just adds suspend.
>
> And it's also missing hibernate now...

How am I supposed to hibernate now? I can't figure it out on my desktop :[

Should I rollback or wait for an extension or what? Has anyone found a
workaround.

grr gnome devs

Old 10-14-2012, 11:58 PM
André Prata