Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Dimitri Sabadie

Default netcfg

Hi,

I want to contribute as a developper, but I don’t know where to begin. I
subscribe to the bug tracker and found an issue I really wanna fix :

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29337?only_watched=1&type%5B0%5D=&sev%5B0%5D=&due% 5B0%5D=&cat%5B0%5D=&status%5B0%5D=open&percent%5B0 %5D=&reported%5B0%5D=

Is there any direction for me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

skp

Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 10.10.2012 09:27, schrieb Dimitri Sabadie:
> Hi,
>
> I want to contribute as a developper, but I don’t know where to begin. I
> subscribe to the bug tracker and found an issue I really wanna fix :
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29337?only_watched=1&type%5B0%5D=&sev%5B0%5D=&due% 5B0%5D=&cat%5B0%5D=&status%5B0%5D=open&percent%5B0 %5D=&reported%5B0%5D=
>
> Is there any direction for me?

Step 1) Subscribe here: [1]
Step 2) Learn how to use git.
Step 3) Clone this: [2] (clone URLs at the bottom of the page)
Step 4) Start posting patches and suggestions to arch-projects (use
[netcfg] in the subject)
Step 4a) If you create a large number of patches, upload your own netcfg
tree in a public location (most people like github)
Step 5) Profit.

[2] https://projects.archlinux.org/netcfg.git/

Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Menachem Moystoviz

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 10.10.2012 09:27, schrieb Dimitri Sabadie:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to contribute as a developper, but I don’t know where to begin. I
>> subscribe to the bug tracker and found an issue I really wanna fix :
>>
>> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29337?only_watched=1&type%5B0%5D=&sev%5B0%5D=&due% 5B0%5D=&cat%5B0%5D=&status%5B0%5D=open&percent%5B0 %5D=&reported%5B0%5D=
>>
>> Is there any direction for me?
>
> Step 1) Subscribe here: [1]
> Step 2) Learn how to use git.
> Step 3) Clone this: [2] (clone URLs at the bottom of the page)
> Step 4) Start posting patches and suggestions to arch-projects (use
> [netcfg] in the subject)
> Step 4a) If you create a large number of patches, upload your own netcfg
> tree in a public location (most people like github)
> Step 5) Profit.

> [2] https://projects.archlinux.org/netcfg.git/

Small question: In what format do the devs expect you to submit patches?
Not that I'm working on anything now, but it would spare time later on.

Gesh

Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Florian Pritz

On 10.10.2012 20:33, Menachem Moystoviz wrote:
> Small question: In what format do the devs expect you to submit patches?
> Not that I'm working on anything now, but it would spare time later on.

We prefer git send-email to the project mailing lists (arch-projects,
pacman-dev, aur-dev, arch-releng, ...).

--
Florian Pritz