-   -   Akonadi file content search (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/709822-akonadi-file-content-search.html)

Andy Pieters 10-05-2012 09:50 AM

Akonadi file content search

Hi girls and boys

This may seem like a daft question, and I did research this at length
on Google, but is there any frontend that one can use to search file
file contents?

I understand that Akonadi contains meta data and that nepomuk feeds it
and that everything ends up in (my case) a MySQL database (tables).

Apart from the krunner interface, is there a front end that allows you
to specify more than one criteria on a search? Or possibly is there a
backend that can do advanced searching?

PS: Yes one can query MySQL, and yes, there is akonadiconsole but that
does not seem to have an item search for files.

Thanks

Andy

Jayesh Badwaik 10-05-2012 10:03 AM

Akonadi file content search

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Andy Pieters
<Pieters.Andy.Mailing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi girls and boys
>
> This may seem like a daft question, and I did research this at length
> on Google, but is there any frontend that one can use to search file
> file contents?

You might want to try nepoogle which is there in AUR.[1] There is some
error with it on KDE 4.9 though. [2]. I used to use nepoogle sometime
back, I don't use it now though.

--
Jayesh

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52644&detail=1
[2] http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=102672
[3] http://www.tuxradar.com/content/best-linux-desktop-search-tools

phani 10-05-2012 11:14 AM

Akonadi file content search

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:20:42 +0530, Andy Pieters