-   -   a systemd-sleep hook for tuxonice-userui (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/709772-systemd-sleep-hook-tuxonice-userui.html)

Damjan 10-05-2012 03:40 AM

a systemd-sleep hook for tuxonice-userui

I'm maintaing the tuxonice-userui package [1] in AUR that displays a
really nice splash when hibernating with TuxonIce.

Since I've moved to systemd even for hibernating when the powerbutton is
pressed, by setting HandlePowerKey=hibernate in /etc/systemd/logind.conf
now the hibernate-script is no longer called (previously it was called
from apcid).

Turns out it works quite well except for the splash, so I've created
this systemd-sleep hook [2] that I intend to add to the tuxonice-userui
package.

The hook should just switch to VT 63 on hibernate and switch back on resume.

I need to do this because otherwise the X server could start showing
visual glitches, and also alt-left/right arrows started switching the VTs.

So if anyone can check it out for obvious mistakes before I add it to
the package, I'd be glad.

Thanks

[2] http://vpaste.net/DQMKu

--