Old 09-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Rodrigo Rivas

Default Newly installed system without uuidd user

Hello all!

I know, this should go to the bugtracker, but I couldn't find the
`arch-install-scripts` anywhere... so I'm bringing it here.

I've just installed a new Arch in a VM using the new & improved
`archlinux-2012.09.07-dual.iso`. It went quite well and painless but I
noticed a weird error in the boot screen:

[/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/uuidd.conf:1] Unknown user 'uuidd'

Right! There is no user 'uuidd' anywhere. The solution is actually easy:

# pacman -S util-linux

That reinstalls the package and recreates the user. So, if the `util-linux`
package is correct, I reckon that is a bug in the `arch-install-scripts`,
isn't it?

Regards
--
Rodrigo

Old 09-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Rodrigo Rivas
<rodrigorivascosta@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I know, this should go to the bugtracker, but I couldn't find the
> `arch-install-scripts` anywhere... so I'm bringing it here.
>
> I've just installed a new Arch in a VM using the new & improved
> `archlinux-2012.09.07-dual.iso`. It went quite well and painless but I
> noticed a weird error in the boot screen:
>
> [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/uuidd.conf:1] Unknown user 'uuidd'
>
> Right! There is no user 'uuidd' anywhere. The solution is actually easy:
>
> # pacman -S util-linux
>
> That reinstalls the package and recreates the user. So, if the `util-linux`
> package is correct, I reckon that is a bug in the `arch-install-scripts`,
> isn't it?
>
> Regards
> --
> Rodrigo

You should have searched the bugtracker (both open and closed tasks)
for 'uuidd'. This would lead you to
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31666 ->
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31663

Old 09-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Rodrigo Rivas

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Rodrigo Rivas
> <rodrigorivascosta@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all!
> >
> > I know, this should go to the bugtracker, but I couldn't find the
> > `arch-install-scripts` anywhere... so I'm bringing it here.
> >
> > I've just installed a new Arch in a VM using the new & improved
> > `archlinux-2012.09.07-dual.iso`. It went quite well and painless but I
> > noticed a weird error in the boot screen:
> >
> > [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/uuidd.conf:1] Unknown user 'uuidd'
> >
> > Right! There is no user 'uuidd' anywhere. The solution is actually easy:
> >
> > # pacman -S util-linux
> >
> > That reinstalls the package and recreates the user. So, if the
> `util-linux`
> > package is correct, I reckon that is a bug in the `arch-install-scripts`,
> > isn't it?
> >
> > Regards
> > --
> > Rodrigo
>
> You should have searched the bugtracker (both open and closed tasks)
> for 'uuidd'. This would lead you to
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31666 ->
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31663

Thanks for the links. Actually I searched the bugtracker, but didn't find
any. Admittedly, I'm not very good at bug searching...