Old 09-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Jorge Almeida

Default utmp MIA

I ran pacman -Syu yesterday, and now on boot the file /run/utmp is not
created. Anyone else with this problem? (Yes, /var/run is a symlink to /run)

(I also changed from grub2 to syslinux, but I suppose this has nothing to do
with the problem; it boots fine. This is the only difference in installed
software/configuration.)

TIA

Jorge Almeida

Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Tom Gundersen

On Sep 28, 2012 12:12 PM, "Jorge Almeida" <jjalmeida@gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran pacman -Syu yesterday, and now on boot the file /run/utmp is not
> created. Anyone else with this problem? (Yes, /var/run is a symlink to
/run)

> (I also changed from grub2 to syslinux, but I suppose this has nothing to
do
> with the problem; it boots fine. This is the only difference in installed
> software/configuration.)

Sounds like FS#31705.

Tom

Old 09-28-2012, 10:30 AM