Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Jude DaShiell

Default courier-maildrop package failed installation

I tried that delivery agent and authgen library failed to install and
later I couldn't get it started. Fortunately procmail posed no similar
problems on installation. Is courier-maildrop not supported for amd64 k8
athelon machines? If that's the case that would explain this failure. I
can install that on an i386 type machine and I may just to test this
hypothesis.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Adobe fiend for failing to Flash

Old 09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 04:32 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I tried that delivery agent and authgen library failed to install and
> later I couldn't get it started. Fortunately procmail posed no similar
> problems on installation. Is courier-maildrop not supported for amd64 k8
> athelon machines? If that's the case that would explain this failure. I
> can install that on an i386 type machine and I may just to test this
> hypothesis.

I'm not using it, but there's a package available:

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/courier-maildrop/

[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Si courier-maildrop
Repository : community
Name : courier-maildrop
Version : 2.5.5-2
Licenses : GPL2
Groups : None
Provides : None
Depends On : courier-authlib>=0.63.0 gamin pcre gdbm
Optional Deps : None
Conflicts With : courier-mta
Replaces : None
Download Size : 310.84 KiB
Installed Size : 1356.00 KiB
Packager : Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com>
Architecture : x86_64
Build Date : Mon Feb 6 14:34:54 2012
MD5 Sum : a76d33388471515a623b65c245b9ce14
SHA256 Sum :
d9a33f997864f9b4791969545d0c86b81ce79b46830b823722 a5514527e64c8c
Signatures : Yes
Description : mail delivery agent - procmail like but nicer syntax

Regards,
Ralf