-   -   Update is strongly required (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/707289-update-strongly-required.html)

Christopher Reimer 09-25-2012 05:35 PM

Update is strongly required

I've already written this to the bugtracker. There I was told to post it here:

seamonkey is flagged out of date for about 4 weeks now.

There are several security vulnerabilites in 2.11 -->
http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey.html

Could the maintainer update the seamonkey package as soon as possible?

Is it an usual case, that there are over 100 packages flagged out of date?

Thank you

Christopher Reimer

Ralf Mardorf 09-25-2012 05:53 PM

Update is strongly required

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:35:50 +0200
Christopher Reimer <c.reimer1993@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've already written this to the bugtracker. There I was told to post
> it here:
>
> seamonkey is flagged out of date for about 4 weeks now.
>
> There are several security vulnerabilites in 2.11 -->
> http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey.html
>
> Could the maintainer update the seamonkey package as soon as possible?
>

> Is it an usual case, that there are over 100 packages flagged out of
> date?
>

> Thank you
>

> Christopher Reimer

"Build Date: 2012-09-25" -
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/seamonkey/
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/seamonkey/

Just the mirror doesn't show it yet.

Karol Blazewicz 09-25-2012 06:01 PM

Update is strongly required

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Christopher Reimer
<c.reimer1993@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've already written this to the bugtracker. There I was told to post it here:
>
> seamonkey is flagged out of date for about 4 weeks now.
>
> There are several security vulnerabilites in 2.11 -->
> http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey.html
>
> Could the maintainer update the seamonkey package as soon as possible?

I see that it has already been done :-)
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=seamonkey