-   -   testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/707201-testing-systemd-191-1-failed-boot.html)

Heiko Baums 09-25-2012 12:11 PM

testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Am Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:35:47 +0200
schrieb Řyvind Heggstad <mrelendig@har-ikkje.net>:

> Don't worry, you are not at fault in any way here, the systemd
> hateboy(z)/fudspreader(s) are.

Wrong. The systemd fanboys who want to force this crap on everybody
else are. The "fudspreaders", as you call them, have already made their
(bad) experiences with Poetterix, and know that this is crap.

Heiko

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto 09-25-2012 12:28 PM

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Am Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:35:47 +0200
> schrieb Řyvind Heggstad <mrelendig@har-ikkje.net>:
>
>> Don't worry, you are not at fault in any way here, the systemd
>> hateboy(z)/fudspreader(s) are.
>
> Wrong. The systemd fanboys who want to force this crap on everybody
> else are. The "fudspreaders", as you call them, have already made their
> (bad) experiences with Poetterix, and know that this is crap.

How long will we have to endure such nonsense? Heiko, you hijacked a
thread just to tell your opinion, which everyone already know from
your previous posts. And, please, don't reply to me. I don't care.

Thomas, wasn't he banned? I just thought he was, because he was threat
and, yet, was pretty harsh on his later reply. I really don't
understand that. Of course, the list managers have all the freedom to
do as they please, but a threat that is not upheld is
counterproductive.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?

Denis A. Altoe Falqueto
Linux user #524555

Heiko Baums 09-25-2012 01:09 PM

testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Am Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:28:40 -0300
schrieb Denis A. Altoé Falqueto <denisfalqueto@gmail.com>:

> How long will we have to endure such nonsense? Heiko, you hijacked a
> thread just to tell your opinion, which everyone already know from
> your previous posts. And, please, don't reply to me. I don't care.
>
> Thomas, wasn't he banned? I just thought he was, because he was threat
> and, yet, was pretty harsh on his later reply. I really don't
> understand that. Of course, the list managers have all the freedom to
> do as they please, but a threat that is not upheld is
> counterproductive.

What about banning you, because of writing totally bullshit which has
totally nothing to do with systemd, because of just telling your hate
against "systemd haters"? One more who wants to have other people being
banned just because he doesn't want to read other people's opinions.

"Hey, I don't like him and his opinion. So admins, ban him." Is it
this what you want to say?

Sorry, I really don't want to and won't continue this way, but I just
had to answer to this. And, btw., no, I wasn't the one who got personal
here. So don't blame me, blame Denis.

People, particularly the systemd fanboys, should really start opening
their eyes and taking off their rose-colored glasses.

Heiko

Uros Vampl 09-25-2012 01:20 PM

Heiko Baums <lists <at> baums-on-web.de> writes:

> "Hey, I don't like him and his opinion. So admins, ban him." Is it
> this what you want to say?

Using sarcasm like you did in your first message of this thread, and using words
like "Poetterix" and "fanboys" is not stating an option. It's trolling. Also,
hiding behind "I was just stating my opinion" is a common troll tactic too.

No one wants to ban anyone for stating opinions, so you can stop repeating this
false claim over and over. People want a troll to get banned, and that's what
you are.

Řyvind Heggstad 09-25-2012 01:35 PM

testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto 09-25-2012 02:21 PM

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Am Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:28:40 -0300
> schrieb Denis A. Altoé Falqueto <denisfalqueto@gmail.com>:
>
>> How long will we have to endure such nonsense? Heiko, you hijacked a
>> thread just to tell your opinion, which everyone already know from
>> your previous posts. And, please, don't reply to me. I don't care.
>>
>> Thomas, wasn't he banned? I just thought he was, because he was threat
>> and, yet, was pretty harsh on his later reply. I really don't
>> understand that. Of course, the list managers have all the freedom to
>> do as they please, but a threat that is not upheld is
>> counterproductive.
>
> What about banning you, because of writing totally bullshit which has
> totally nothing to do with systemd, because of just telling your hate
> against "systemd haters"? One more who wants to have other people being
> banned just because he doesn't want to read other people's opinions.
>
> "Hey, I don't like him and his opinion. So admins, ban him." Is it
> this what you want to say?
>
> Sorry, I really don't want to and won't continue this way, but I just
> had to answer to this. And, btw., no, I wasn't the one who got personal
> here. So don't blame me, blame Denis.
>
> People, particularly the systemd fanboys, should really start opening
> their eyes and taking off their rose-colored glasses.

Have you read this?

https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2012-September/031182.html

Specifcaly, this part?

"If I see you interrupting one more technical discussion with trolls and
flames, you will be banned indefinitely without further notice. I will
not see another one week flamewar on this list."

Those are no my words, btw.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.

Felipe Contreras 09-25-2012 02:42 PM

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Uros Vampl <mobile.leecher@gmail.com> wrote:

> No one wants to ban anyone for stating opinions, so you can stop repeating this
> false claim over and over. People want a troll to get banned, and that's what
> you are.

There's a difference between using a strong tone, and being a troll.

Using that definition, Linus Torvalds is a troll on the LKML. I disagree.

--
Felipe Contreras

Simon Perry 09-25-2012 02:59 PM

On 25/09/12, Felipe Contreras wrote:

| There's a difference between using a strong tone, and being a troll.
|
| Using that definition, Linus Torvalds is a troll on the LKML. I disagree.

The Linux kernel has never had a bug that has resulted in an
un-bootable system. So as Heiko says, that is why systemd is worse than
the kernel (it could also be my rose-tinted glasses).

Let's wait for Heiko to release his perfect init system (which will be
better than bash scripts, systemd, the kernel itself etc) because it
will never fail or ever have a bug that results in a system being
un-bootable.

We'll have no chance to be total douchebags on mailing lists, and not
report actual bugs because his system will never fail, at all, ever!

You're a credit to humanity, Heiko, keep on truckin', sunshine.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)

"G. Schlisio" 09-25-2012 03:26 PM

Am 25.09.2012 16:59, schrieb Simon Perry:

On 25/09/12, Felipe Contreras wrote:

| There's a difference between using a strong tone, and being a troll.
|
| Using that definition, Linus Torvalds is a troll on the LKML. I disagree.

The Linux kernel has never had a bug that has resulted in an
un-bootable system. So as Heiko says, that is why systemd is worse than
the kernel (it could also be my rose-tinted glasses).

Let's wait for Heiko to release his perfect init system (which will be
better than bash scripts, systemd, the kernel itself etc) because it
will never fail or ever have a bug that results in a system being
un-bootable.

We'll have no chance to be total douchebags on mailing lists, and not
report actual bugs because his system will never fail, at all, ever!

You're a credit to humanity, Heiko, keep on truckin', sunshine.

please stop it altogether.
this leads nowhere.

Ralf Mardorf 09-25-2012 04:35 PM

On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 17:26 +0200, G. Schlisio wrote:
> please stop it altogether. this leads nowhere.

Heiko, 13 mails, including the replies to the mails of the others.
Others, 46 mails.
Don't blame a single person.
Useful input regarding to the subject, perhaps around 2 mails?

If a "troll" would write something stupid about any other software, from
any other coder, this never ever would cause such a useless and long
thread. It needs "fans" to continue nothing.

Superb, using systemd safes a few seconds at startup, time that can be
used to write useless mails, just to diss each other. If startup would
take some seconds longer, we perhaps would get less mails. Isn't that a
good argument against systemd?

This might be helpful
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=arch+wiki+email+filter

Regards,