Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Allan McRae

Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

On 01/10/12 11:21, Armando M. Baratti wrote:
> On 29-09-2012 20:41, Allan McRae wrote:
>> On 30/09/12 09:32, Heiko Baums wrote:
>>> schrieb Martín Cigorraga <msx@archlinux.us>:
>> <snip>
>>
>> The replies by Martin and Heiko had not technical aspect and were not
>> asking for help. Both accounts are banned for one week.
>>
>> Allan
>>

> Authoritarian and despotic.
>
> My ban, please.

Done... and for two weeks because I had to look up what despotic meant.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 AM
gt

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 11:49:05AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 01/10/12 11:21, Armando M. Baratti wrote:
> > Authoritarian and despotic.
> >
> > My ban, please.
> >

> Done... and for two weeks because I had to look up what despotic meant.

lol, always keep a dictionary handy. May I suggest sdcv.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Jorge Almeida

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 6:49 AM, gt <static.vortex@gmx.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 11:49:05AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>> On 01/10/12 11:21, Armando M. Baratti wrote:
>> > Authoritarian and despotic.
>> >
>> > My ban, please.
>> >

>> Done... and for two weeks because I had to look up what despotic meant.
>
> lol, always keep a dictionary handy. May I suggest sdcv.

This poster should also be banned, since this post doesn't call for help
nor offers it.

Oops... Mine too... Now I've done it!

("The life of Brian", anyone? The lapidation sketch? Oops again: I hope
Allan McRae is familiar with the word "lapidation", or it's two weeks
for me too.)

Jorge Almeida

Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Allan McRae

On 01/10/12 20:23, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 6:49 AM, gt <static.vortex@gmx.com> wrote:

>>> Done... and for two weeks because I had to look up what despotic meant.
>>
>> lol, always keep a dictionary handy. May I suggest sdcv.
>
> This poster should also be banned, since this post doesn't call for help
> nor offers it.
>
> Oops... Mine too... Now I've done it!
>
> ("The life of Brian", anyone? The lapidation sketch? Oops again: I hope
> Allan McRae is familiar with the word "lapidation", or it's two weeks
> for me too.)

Lapidation fails when I can just punish everyone... I am more than
happy to just close the list again.

I have not because I am not "prone to panic attacks". (Hi Pete! - here
is your answer who those emails go to)

Allan

Old 10-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Jorge Almeida

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 01/10/12 20:23, Jorge Almeida wrote:
>>
>> ("The life of Brian", anyone? The lapidation sketch? Oops again: I hope
>>

> Lapidation fails when I can just punish everyone... I am more than
> happy to just close the list again.

In the lapidation sketch, the fun was that speaking of the commited sin
was a sin in itself (metalanguage, and all that), even when the judge
himself did the speaking. My message meant no more

Jorge Almeida

Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Your Real Name

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 08:29:38PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 01/10/12 20:23, Jorge Almeida wrote:

> >> lol, always keep a dictionary handy. May I suggest sdcv.
> >
> > This poster should also be banned, since this post doesn't call for help
> > nor offers it.
> >
> > Oops... Mine too... Now I've done it!
> >
> > ("The life of Brian", anyone? The lapidation sketch? Oops again: I hope
> > Allan McRae is familiar with the word "lapidation", or it's two weeks
> > for me too.)
> >

> Lapidation fails when I can just punish everyone... I am more than
> happy to just close the list again.
>
> I have not because I am not "prone to panic attacks". (Hi Pete! - here
> is your answer who those emails go to)
>
> Allan

I'm down for seeing the list get closed again, or at least a banning free-for-all.
The forum mods wouldn't tolerate this kind of childish bullshit; I don't see why
the devs/ML mods need to. There are plenty of places online to complain, the support
list doesn't need this.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 AM
nailz

On 3 October 2012 00:18, Your Real Name <anoknusa@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 08:29:38PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> meant.

> > > This poster should also be banned, since this post doesn't call for
> help
> > > nor offers it.
> > >
> > > Oops... Mine too... Now I've done it!
> > >
> > > ("The life of Brian", anyone? The lapidation sketch? Oops again: I hope
> > > Allan McRae is familiar with the word "lapidation", or it's two weeks
> > > for me too.)
> > >

> > Lapidation fails when I can just punish everyone... I am more than
> > happy to just close the list again.
> >
> > I have not because I am not "prone to panic attacks". (Hi Pete! - here
> > is your answer who those emails go to)
> >
> > Allan
> >

> I'm down for seeing the list get closed again, or at least a banning
> free-for-all.
> The forum mods wouldn't tolerate this kind of childish bullshit; I don't
> see why
> the devs/ML mods need to. There are plenty of places online to complain,
> the support
> list doesn't need this.

Quote:
the support
list doesn't need this.
I too am fed up with all the dross and i only been here a few weeks, i
mean nobody is forcing anyone to use arch, if people dont agree with the
way its heading either jump ship to another distro , or god forbid maybe
even add something constructive to arch.

--

www.cirrusminor.info <http://cirrusminor.info>
<http://www.cirrusminor.info/>

<http://www.cirrusminor.info/>