Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Simon Perry

Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

On 25/09/12, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

| If a "troll" would write something stupid about any other software, from
| any other coder, this never ever would cause such a useless and long
| thread. It needs "fans" to continue nothing.

It takes two to tango. Perhaps you need a reminder of the fair and
balanced critique Heiko initially offered, based on a package in
[testing], that has not made it to [core]:

https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2012-September/031151.html

| Superb, using systemd safes a few seconds at startup, time that can be
| used to write useless mails, just to diss each other. If startup would
| take some seconds longer, we perhaps would get less mails. Isn't that a
| good argument against systemd?

Excellent tip, I'm now perpetually rebooting my boxes so I can gain an
extra 4 hours per day. GO SYSTEMD!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+trolling+works

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)

Old 09-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Kevin Chadwick

> It takes two to tango. Perhaps you need a reminder of the fair and
> balanced critique Heiko initially offered, based on a package in
> [testing], that has not made it to [core]:
>
> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2012-September/031151.html

Double standards, considering what can only be described as anti
anti-systemd users sending more 100% pointless and inflammatory mails
and first with no threats of being top or part of the rediculous idea of
a block list.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)

Old 09-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 22.09.2012 16:20, schrieb Heiko Baums:
> Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:06:28 +0200
> schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
>
>> After the recent outbreaks, we have been discussing banning people
>> from arch-general. At the time, the people we talked about had calmed
>> down and everything went back to normal, so there was no point in
>> going forward with it. However, your name just made top of the list.
>
> And, btw., instead of threatening and banning people with different
> opinions you rather should take their criticisms serious and take them
> as an incentive to improve Arch Linux and to make it better instead of
> worse.

This is not about opinions at all.

Everything useful that is to say about this topic has been said. All
that can be added are flames. You restart a discussion that will lead
nowhere, and you know that. That is trolling, and trolling will not be
tolerated any longer.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Simon Perry

On 26/09/12, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

| Double standards, considering what can only be described as anti
| anti-systemd users sending more 100% pointless and inflammatory mails
| and first with no threats of being top or part of the rediculous idea of
| a block list.

Nah, I'm just a fanboy apparently (even though I still have one box out
of six using non-Poetterix init).

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)

Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Heiko Baums

Am Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:28:20 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:

> This is not about opinions at all.

No, this is about opinions. Well, not only about opinions, also or
rather about personal experience.

> Everything useful that is to say about this topic has been said. All
> that can be added are flames. You restart a discussion that will lead
> nowhere, and you know that. That is trolling, and trolling will not be
> tolerated any longer.

And this is not trolling. This (my initial comment) just had to be
said to open the systemd fanboys' eyes and to show them that their so
super superior evolution is apparently not so superior and not such an
evolution, and that upstream (Lennart) is probably not the best
developer.

And all my answers have been just corrections of the worst bullshit and
totally false allegations. That's not trolling, too.

And, yes, those systemd fanboys are the ones who make the most noise,
and who are totally blinded.

The trolling comes only from the systemd fanboys like Denis A. Altoe
Falqueto, who really said nothing not even systemd related, who just
flamed and write hate mails about people who don't like systemd and who
criticize systemd. This is trolling and flaming.

See also Denis' blog to which he sent a link in his last e-mail. And
read particularly the comments, especially the one written by njanja
(even if the tone is not the nicest) and Denis' reply to it. It speaks
volumes, especially about Denis' attitude which is the attitude of most
of those systemd fanboys.

So if you want to ban someone then ban the real trolls who really
always stir the flame up.

Heiko

Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Allan McRae

On 26/09/12 20:39, Heiko Baums wrote:
> See also Denis' blog to which he sent a link in his last e-mail.

Fact checking needed.... especially since it was the developer you
were replying to whose blog post that actually was.

Allan

Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Martín Cigorraga

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:

> Heiko

Most of the time is not what you say but rather how you say it - your tone.
The Frenchs have a saying for that: "The tone makes to the song" or in its
original: "C'est le ton qui fait la chanson".

Old 09-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Heiko Baums

Am Sat, 29 Sep 2012 18:54:04 -0300
schrieb Martín Cigorraga <msx@archlinux.us>:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Heiko
> >

> Most of the time is not what you say but rather how you say it - your
> tone. The Frenchs have a saying for that: "The tone makes to the
> song" or in its original: "C'est le ton qui fait la chanson".

Or in other words:
"What goes around, comes around."
Or:
"As the question, so the answer."
In German we say:
"Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus."

Now think about it again and/or re-read the whole discussion,
particularly the e-mails I've responded to.

And, yes, I'm very direct and I say directly what I'm thinking. And if
something goes way too far, I sometimes can get a bit more, say,
stronger. Some people can deal with it and like it, some people not.

I could tell you which people aren't able to deal with it, but then I
would be called a troll again by these people.

Heiko

Old 09-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Allan McRae

On 30/09/12 09:32, Heiko Baums wrote:
> schrieb Martín Cigorraga <msx@archlinux.us>:

<snip>

The replies by Martin and Heiko had not technical aspect and were not
asking for help. Both accounts are banned for one week.

Allan

Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 AM
"Armando M. Baratti"

The replies by Martin and Heiko had not technical aspect and were not
asking for help. Both accounts are banned for one week.

Allan

Authoritarian and despotic.

My ban, please.

Armando