Old 09-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Michael Nawrocki

Default Fonts larger after suspend

I'm using the font: Droid Sans size 10 for my default font, set in
~/.gtkrc-2.0.
I'm using DWM as my window manager, so nothing fancy there. Sometimes,
after I wake my computer from suspend, the font size in use by my
windows gets larger, I'd say by a point or two. This started happening
around when I switched over to systemd, although I can't say for certain
that systemd is the cause. It doesn't happen every time, but happens
often enough to be an annoyance. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 09-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Ashim Acharya

Try this:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Setting_DPI_manually

Old 09-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Michael Nawrocki

On 2012-09-22 16:30, Ashim Acharya wrote:
> Try this:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Setting_DPI_manually

Sorry for the delay in response; I had to wait until it happened again.
Issuing xrandr --dpi 96 fixed the issue, although I wonder what caused
it in the first place...
Thanks,
Mike

Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Ashim Acharya

Old 09-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Martín Cigorraga

hi guys, I'm sorry for necrobumping this thread but I have an idea that may
work for Michael to debug his issue:
Michael: how do you suspend your system? If you use pm-utils please do a
man to learn about the special settings pm-utils provide to deal with some
of the glitches you may found while dealing with graphics adapters.