FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux General Discussion

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Joakim Hernberg
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:17:31 +0200
fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's dump every single technology younger the original unix one. This
> is better. You're a troll, nothing less.
>
> /me unsuscribe. Fed up with your crap and your lies.

Please do, because just in a few minutes of posting scatological and
personal comments, you made me think of doing just the same...

Surely no matter what one thinks of systemd, it must be a topic that
can be discussed on the mailing list without sinking to the level of a
5 year old...

--

Joakim
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Sven-Hendrik Haase
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

On 22.09.2012 11:22, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:17:31 +0200
> fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Let's dump every single technology younger the original unix one. This
>> is better. You're a troll, nothing less.
>>
>> /me unsuscribe. Fed up with your crap and your lies.
> Please do, because just in a few minutes of posting scatological and
> personal comments, you made me think of doing just the same...
>
> Surely no matter what one thinks of systemd, it must be a topic that
> can be discussed on the mailing list without sinking to the level of a
> 5 year old...
>
> --
>
> Joakim

Doesn't seem to be possible with Heiko around. Since nobody seems happy
with banning him, I'm also unsubscribing.
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Martín Cigorraga
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

READ THIS:

please stop trolling on this list.
> this is very disturbing and already resultet in devs unsubscribing from
> this list.
>


READ IT AGAIN:


> please stop trolling on this list.
> this is very disturbing and already resultet in devs unsubscribing from
> this list.
>


GOTCHA?
If you're bored go on and jerk off or anything else that suits you but
_STOP_ vandalizing this list.
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:28 AM
"G. Schlisio"
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Am 22.09.2012 11:14, schrieb Heiko Baums:

Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:00:59 +0200
schrieb "G. Schlisio" <g.schlisio@gmx.de>:


please stop trolling on this list.
this is very disturbing and already resultet in devs unsubscribing
from this list.

Sorry, but this is not trolling. This is just telling that I told it
before, when almost everybody laughed at me and claimed how good and
superior systemd is (an evolution *lol*). Now they have their first
technical proof that it is not. And that's what they all always called
for. Now they have it.

Heiko


its ok to tell your opinion, thats not what i mean with trolling.
impertinent exclamations and unconstructive i-always-told-you
allegations do not help anyone to solve the problem.
OTOHS its quite difficult ATM to get a constructive diskussion about
arch init system, because it is already decides by our devs and a lot of
people got strong feelings about this issue.

so, please refrain from heating this whole thing up.
thanks
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Martín Cigorraga
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com>wrote:

>
> Doesn't seem to be possible with Heiko around. Since nobody seems happy
> with banning him, I'm also unsubscribing.
>

Hey come on, cool down, what would be of us, mere n00bs? Come on O_O
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Heiko Baums
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:28:58 +0200
schrieb "G. Schlisio" <g.schlisio@gmx.de>:

> its ok to tell your opinion, thats not what i mean with trolling.
> impertinent exclamations and unconstructive i-always-told-you
> allegations do not help anyone to solve the problem.

Oh, this can indeed help. And why shouldn't I tell it to those people?

> OTOHS its quite difficult ATM to get a constructive diskussion about
> arch init system, because it is already decides by our devs

Decisions can be revoked if it turns out that they are wrong. I'm just
telling that it looks like it gets proofed that systemd is not as good
as those fanboys think. And why are there so many devs who already said
that they don't use systemd because they don't like it?

Heiko
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Heiko Baums
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:24:09 +0200
schrieb Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com>:

> Doesn't seem to be possible with Heiko around. Since nobody seems
> happy with banning him, I'm also unsubscribing.

So you want to have me banned because you don't like my opinions and
experiences, and you don't like that I'm saying them?

But you know that the GDR doesn't exist anymore since a few years?

Heiko
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 AM
phani
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 14:52:53 +0530, Joakim Hernberg <jbh@alchemy.lu> wrote:


On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:17:31 +0200
fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com> wrote:


Let's dump every single technology younger the original unix one. This
is better. You're a troll, nothing less.

/me unsuscribe. Fed up with your crap and your lies.


Please do, because just in a few minutes of posting scatological and
personal comments, you made me think of doing just the same...

Surely no matter what one thinks of systemd, it must be a topic that
can be discussed on the mailing list without sinking to the level of a
5 year old...



one troll can't do serious harm. it's when a bunch of others decide to
take him on again & again that things get out of hand. just keep quiet!


--
phani.
 
Old 09-22-2012, 11:24 AM
"P .NIKOLIC"
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:18:49 +1000
Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 22/09/12 18:07, Heiko Baums wrote:
> > Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:09:02 +0900
> > schrieb Zhengyu Xu <xzy3186@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> After updating systemd to 191-1 in testing repo, I had following
> >> messages during booting and the process was stuck (crashed).
> >>
> >> [ 10.539416] systemd[1]: segfault at 7d ip b75a97b7 sp bfb0ece8
> >> error 4 in libc-2.16.so[b752a000+1a4000]
> >> [ 10.539700] systemd[1]: Caught <SEGV>, core dump failed.
> >>
> >> Downgrade to 189-4 can solve this problem. I want to know if this
> >> is a personal problem or a general bug affecting others as well.
> >
> > Why am I not surprised?
>
> Medical condition?
>
> > Yes, binary init system is so much better than a script based init
> > system. And Poetterix is so damn good, so advanced, such an
> > evolution and so much better than the common and over 40 years well
> > tested sysvinit.
> >
> > Come on systemd fanboys, here you have the first example. There's
> > more to come. I'll get my popcorn.
> >
>
> Because we have never had unbootable systems due to upgrades in
> [testing] before... You say "sysvinit" but that relied on many
> compiled binaries (e.g. bash)
>
> Allan
>

Makes me wonder if this list is populated by the same bunch we get on
the Ham repairs list , Just cant comment and sod off got to keep going
and going flogging dead horses .

For all it matters systemd completely refuses to boot for me do i care
***K as like do i cus i can see it's trash right now so dont use it
leave it at that .


Pete


--
Linux 7-of-9 3.5.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 15 08:12:04 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux
 
Old 09-22-2012, 11:25 AM
"P .NIKOLIC"
 
Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 06:26:36 -0300
Martín Cigorraga <msx@archlinux.us> wrote:

> READ THIS:
>
> please stop trolling on this list.
> > this is very disturbing and already resultet in devs unsubscribing
> > from this list.
> >
>
>
> READ IT AGAIN:
>
>
> > please stop trolling on this list.
> > this is very disturbing and already resultet in devs unsubscribing
> > from this list.
> >
>
>
> GOTCHA?
> If you're bored go on and jerk off or anything else that suits you but
> _STOP_ vandalizing this list.

There are a LOT of people far far far worse and a lot more ignorant on
here as well .


--
Linux 7-of-9 3.5.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 15 08:12:04 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org