Old 09-22-2012, 08:52 AM
fredbezies

Default testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

2012/9/22 Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:
> Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:15:16 +0200
> schrieb fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com>:
>
>> Don't you read the *important* word : testing ! Are you blind ?
>
> I read that. And what goes into [testing]? Yes! Bingo! Software version
> which are released by upstream as *stable*. So yes, upstream was
> supposed to have this tested before it went into Arch's [testing].

Ah ? First news here.

> *rofl*
>
> And how do [testing] users update their system when initscripts will be
> removed?

Just use another distribution.

> How do you fix a borked Windoze systemd? Right, with a Windoze free
> LiveCD. How do you fix a borked systemd system? Right, with a systemd
> free LiveCD. *lol*

>> Are you stuck in 1690 or are we in the 2010's ?
>
> Even in the 2010's it can be better to stuck with 40 years old, well
> tested software instead of switching to new crap.

Why walking if we can crawl ? Nonsense !

> You don't consider that I'm not against new software and new versions,
> but I'm against crap.

So you should do a brain surgery quickly.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 09-22-2012, 09:00 AM
"G. Schlisio"

Am 22.09.2012 10:07, schrieb Heiko Baums:

Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:09:02 +0900
schrieb Zhengyu Xu <xzy3186@gmail.com>:

After updating systemd to 191-1 in testing repo, I had following
messages during booting and the process was stuck (crashed).

[ 10.539416] systemd[1]: segfault at 7d ip b75a97b7 sp bfb0ece8
error 4 in libc-2.16.so[b752a000+1a4000]
[ 10.539700] systemd[1]: Caught <SEGV>, core dump failed.

Downgrade to 189-4 can solve this problem. I want to know if this
is a personal problem or a general bug affecting others as well.

Why am I not surprised?

Yes, binary init system is so much better than a script based init
system. And Poetterix is so damn good, so advanced, such an evolution
and so much better than the common and over 40 years well tested
sysvinit.

Come on systemd fanboys, here you have the first example. There's more
to come. I'll get my popcorn.

Heiko

please stop trolling on this list.
this is very disturbing and already resultet in devs unsubscribing from
this list.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Heiko Baums

Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:52:01 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:

> Yes. A bash update in [testing] resulted in unbootable systems. I
> thought you were around then... maybe it just feels that long.

I never used [testing] except for once when I started with Arch. Yes, I
once had a serious issue why I switched to the stable repos very
quickly. But I don't remember what issue this was and I don't remember
that bash once resulted in an unbootable system.

Heiko

Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Jorge Almeida

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 9:52 AM, fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/9/22 Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:
>
>> You don't consider that I'm not against new software and new versions,
>> but I'm against crap.
>>

> So you should do a brain surgery quickly.

Is this kind of behavior acceptable in a half-civilized environment? Together
with the former "medical condition" diagnostic in this thread, this reminds a
bit too much the policy in the late USSR of commiting dissidents to
psychiatric facilities.

Jorge Almeida

Old 09-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Heiko Baums

Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:52:10 +0200
schrieb fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com>:

> Just use another distribution.

Do you think before you write? What exactly does this have to do with
the distribution?

Maybe I even would use another distribution if you tell me one Arch
like binary distribution which doesn't and never will use systemd.

> Why walking if we can crawl ? Nonsense !

If there was a serious and well working alternative to sysvinit then it
would be nonsense. But this is not the case with Poetterix.

> So you should do a brain surgery quickly.

I would recommend it to you, since you get personal.

Heiko

Old 09-22-2012, 09:11 AM
fredbezies

2012/9/22 Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 9:52 AM, fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/9/22 Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:
>>
>>> You don't consider that I'm not against new software and new versions,
>>> but I'm against crap.
>>>

>> So you should do a brain surgery quickly.
>
> Is this kind of behavior acceptable in a half-civilized environment? Together
> with the former "medical condition" diagnostic in this thread, this reminds a
> bit too much the policy in the late USSR of commiting dissidents to
> psychiatric facilities.
>
> Jorge Almeida

I was fed up by the crap of the original poster. So I said what need
to be written, even if it was a little hard.

I will remove myself from this list, because it is no more than crap
because of systemd haters.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 09-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Heiko Baums

Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:00:59 +0200
schrieb "G. Schlisio" <g.schlisio@gmx.de>:

> please stop trolling on this list.
> this is very disturbing and already resultet in devs unsubscribing
> from this list.

Sorry, but this is not trolling. This is just telling that I told it
before, when almost everybody laughed at me and claimed how good and
superior systemd is (an evolution *lol*). Now they have their first
technical proof that it is not. And that's what they all always called
for. Now they have it.

Heiko

Old 09-22-2012, 09:14 AM
fredbezies

2012/9/22 Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:
> Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:52:10 +0200
> schrieb fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com>:
>
>> Just use another distribution.
>
> Do you think before you write? What exactly does this have to do with
> the distribution?

And you too ? Every single distribution will face this problem soon. A
lot of them will choose either to shit on systemd the others adopt it.

> Maybe I even would use another distribution if you tell me one Arch
> like binary distribution which doesn't and never will use systemd.

So, just install a BSD or a debian based one.

>> Why walking if we can crawl ? Nonsense !
>
> If there was a serious and well working alternative to sysvinit then it
> would be nonsense. But this is not the case with Poetterix.

You are nothing but a hater. I don't care about Poettering. If you
don't like him, just ignore him.

>> So you should do a brain surgery quickly.
>
> I would recommend it to you, since you get personal.

Well... Just try it yourself.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 09-22-2012, 09:17 AM
fredbezies

2012/9/22 Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:
> Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:00:59 +0200
> schrieb "G. Schlisio" <g.schlisio@gmx.de>:
>
>> please stop trolling on this list.
>> this is very disturbing and already resultet in devs unsubscribing
>> from this list.
>
> Sorry, but this is not trolling. This is just telling that I told it
> before, when almost everybody laughed at me and claimed how good and
> superior systemd is (an evolution *lol*). Now they have their first
> technical proof that it is not. And that's what they all always called
> for. Now they have it.
>
> Heiko

Let's dump every single technology younger the original unix one. This
is better. You're a troll, nothing less.

/me unsuscribe. Fed up with your crap and your lies.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 09-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Heiko Baums

Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:11:12 +0200
schrieb fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com>:

> I was fed up by the crap of the original poster. So I said what need
> to be written, even if it was a little hard.
>
> I will remove myself from this list, because it is no more than crap
> because of systemd haters.

Oh, other people's opinions and experiences are crap?

And yes, the systemd haters have good reasons to hate it, because
systemd is crap exactly like PulseAudio. And, yes, most of the systemd
haters have tested both themselves.

Heiko