Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default Has arch considered switching x86 to PAE by default

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I read not too long ago that one of the major distros is switching to
> PAE by default but I forget which distro, maybe Ubuntu.
>
> Has arch considered PAE by default.

It has been discussed repeatedly in the past. Consensus seems to be
that it is a bad idea.

E.g.: <http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-October/014142.html>,
or <http://cl4ssic4l.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/linus-torvalds-about-pae/>.