-   -   Laptop auto shudown (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/706121-laptop-auto-shudown.html)

大熊 09-21-2012 02:08 PM

Laptop auto shudown

I have a fresh installed laptop, DE is lxde. It is a clean system, no more
tweak.

Recently I found a strange problem: after I close the lid about 5 minutes,
laptop will shutdown itself!

I donot remeber I have do some setting about power management, and I have
installed pm-utils, but not acpid.

Is it a default feature of archlinux on laptop?

--
立志在女儿把我搞崩溃前把她养大
看着女儿一天天长大,可惜我还是菜

Martín Cigorraga 09-27-2012 06:43 PM

Laptop auto shudown

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM, 大熊 <bearsprite@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a fresh installed laptop, DE is lxde. It is a clean system, no more
> tweak.
>
> Recently I found a strange problem: after I close the lid about 5 minutes,
> laptop will shutdown itself!
>
> I donot remeber I have do some setting about power management, and I have
> installed pm-utils, but not acpid.
>
> Is it a default feature of archlinux on laptop?
>
> --
> 立志在女儿把我搞崩溃前把她养大
> 看着女儿一天天长大,可惜我还是菜

Hi Zhao.

"Is it a default feature of archlinux on laptop?"
No it's not, for sure.

Do you have installed any of power management tools like cpupower/cpufreq,
pm-utils, acpid and laptop-mode tools? If not please check your BIOS
settings for anything related deep energy saving settings.
I neve use LXDE before so I don't know anything of that DE but you might
want to check for any built-in energy management system it could have.

"bjschuma@gmail.com" 09-27-2012 06:56 PM

Laptop auto shudown

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Mart*n Cigorraga <msx@archlinux.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM, 大熊 <bearsprite@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a fresh installed laptop, DE is lxde. It is a clean system, no more
>> tweak.
>>
>> Recently I found a strange problem: after I close the lid about 5 minutes,
>> laptop will shutdown itself!
>>
>> I donot remeber I have do some setting about power management, and I have
>> installed pm-utils, but not acpid.
>>
>> Is it a default feature of archlinux on laptop?
>>
>> --
>> 立志在女儿把我搞崩溃前把她养大
>> 看着女儿一天天长大,可惜我还是菜
>>

> Hi Zhao.
>
> "Is it a default feature of archlinux on laptop?"
> No it's not, for sure.

My laptop will automatically shut down when it overheats (it's a good
way of telling me that I just blocked the air vent), so I'm guessing
that's what you're seeing. Don't test it too much if you're on a
Macbook, I hear they can melt when overheating with a closed lid!

- Bryan

Martn Cigorraga 09-27-2012 08:44 PM

Laptop auto shudown

> My laptop will automatically shut down when it overheats (it's a good
> way of telling me that I just blocked the air vent), so I'm guessing
> that's what you're seeing. Don't test it too much if you're on a
> Macbook, I hear they can melt when overheating with a closed lid!
>
> - Bryan

Oh, I just assume he was to suspend when he closed the lid :P - good point.