-   -   libffado update (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/706110-libffado-update.html)

Aapo Vienamo 09-21-2012 01:36 PM

libffado update

Hello. I noticed that libffado was updated recently. It looks like that the new
version of libffado is incompatible with the version of jack in the arch repos.

To demonstrate the problem:

aapo ~ $ jackd -dfirewire -r192000
jackd 0.121.3
Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

firewire ERR: Incompatible libffado version! (libffado 2.1.0-Unversioned directory)
cannot load driver module firewire
no message buffer overruns

What should be done about this? I have tried jack2 but I found it too unstable
to be actually useful.

Allan McRae 09-21-2012 01:50 PM

libffado update

On 21/09/12 23:36, Aapo Vienamo wrote:
> Hello. I noticed that libffado was updated recently. It looks like that the new
> version of libffado is incompatible with the version of jack in the arch repos.
>
> To demonstrate the problem:
>
> aapo ~ $ jackd -dfirewire -r192000
> jackd 0.121.3
> Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> firewire ERR: Incompatible libffado version! (libffado 2.1.0-Unversioned directory)
> cannot load driver module firewire
> no message buffer overruns
>
> What should be done about this? I have tried jack2 but I found it too unstable
> to be actually useful.

bugs.archlinux.org

Rashif Ray Rahman 09-21-2012 07:19 PM

libffado update

On 21 September 2012 21:36, Aapo Vienamo <aapo.vienamo@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hello. I noticed that libffado was updated recently. It looks like that the new
> version of libffado is incompatible with the version of jack in the arch repos.
>
> To demonstrate the problem:
>
> aapo ~ $ jackd -dfirewire -r192000
> jackd 0.121.3
> Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> firewire ERR: Incompatible libffado version! (libffado 2.1.0-Unversioned directory)
> cannot load driver module firewire
> no message buffer overruns
>
> What should be done about this? I have tried jack2 but I found it too unstable
> to be actually useful.

Hi Aapo

Yes, please file a bug report. As I have no firewire port (let alone
device) I could not test the new update properly. I think I know where
this comes from, but a bug report will help us follow through with
your help in case of issues. Thanks.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1