Old 09-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Jameson

Default LXC Containers

I'm trying to setup my first LXC containers. I've managed to
bootstrap an Arch container, but can't login to it even after manually
adding a password to root in it's shadow file. I've also tried using
/usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu to setup an Ubuntu container. That
seems to always return E: Invalid Release file, no entry for
main/binary-x86_64/Packages no matter which release I try. Does
anyone happen to know how to solve one or both of these problems?

Thanks,
=-Jameson

Old 09-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Jameson

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Jameson <imntreal@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup my first LXC containers. I've managed to
> bootstrap an Arch container, but can't login to it even after manually
> adding a password to root in it's shadow file. I've also tried using
> /usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu to setup an Ubuntu container. That
> seems to always return E: Invalid Release file, no entry for
> main/binary-x86_64/Packages no matter which release I try. Does
> anyone happen to know how to solve one or both of these problems?

Well, I answered one of my questions, already. x86_64 is not a valid
architecture for Debian based systems. They call it amd64.

Thanks,
=-Jameson

Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Bjoern Franke

Am Mittwoch, den 19.09.2012, 16:09 -0400 schrieb Jameson:
> I'm trying to setup my first LXC containers. I've managed to
> bootstrap an Arch container, but can't login to it even after manually
> adding a password to root in it's shadow file. I've also tried using
> /usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu to setup an Ubuntu container. That
> seems to always return E: Invalid Release file, no entry for
> main/binary-x86_64/Packages no matter which release I try. Does
> anyone happen to know how to solve one or both of these problems

Did you try lxc-console after starting the arch container?

--
xmpp: bjo@schafweide.org
bjo.nord-west.org | nord-west.org | freifunk-ol.de

Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Jameson

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Bjoern Franke <bjo@nord-west.org> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 19.09.2012, 16:09 -0400 schrieb Jameson:
>> I'm trying to setup my first LXC containers. I've managed to
>> bootstrap an Arch container, but can't login to it even after manually
>> adding a password to root in it's shadow file. I've also tried using
>> /usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu to setup an Ubuntu container. That
>> seems to always return E: Invalid Release file, no entry for
>> main/binary-x86_64/Packages no matter which release I try. Does
>> anyone happen to know how to solve one or both of these problems
>
> Did you try lxc-console after starting the arch container?

No. I set it up to run in virt-manager, and for some reason
lxc-console says that it's not running if I start it from there. I'm
going to have to hammer on the config to get lxc-start to be able to
start it.

=-Jameson

Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Bjoern Franke

Am Mittwoch, den 19.09.2012, 20:22 -0400 schrieb Jameson:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Bjoern Franke <bjo@nord-west.org> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 19.09.2012, 16:09 -0400 schrieb Jameson:
> >> I'm trying to setup my first LXC containers. I've managed to
> >> bootstrap an Arch container, but can't login to it even after manually
> >> adding a password to root in it's shadow file. I've also tried using
> >> /usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu to setup an Ubuntu container. That
> >> seems to always return E: Invalid Release file, no entry for
> >> main/binary-x86_64/Packages no matter which release I try. Does
> >> anyone happen to know how to solve one or both of these problems
> >
> > Did you try lxc-console after starting the arch container?
>
> No. I set it up to run in virt-manager, and for some reason
> lxc-console says that it's not running if I start it from there. I'm
> going to have to hammer on the config to get lxc-start to be able to
> start it.

Hm, I start my Arch-container with lxc-start. Config under
https://trash.ctdo.de/a/101podmz867

regards
bjo