Old 09-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Martín Cigorraga

Default HARDWARECLOCK and systemd

I'm moving to systemd (finally!) and I'm stuck at the HARDWARECLOCK section
of rc.conf wiki.
How should be configured /etc/adjtime ? I can't find what should be inside
it. Also there say: " If this value is not set, then the value stored by
hwclock in /var/lib/hwclock/adjtime [...]" but I don't have any
/var/lib/hwclock directory.
I would appreciate if anyone who already did the jump can share his
experiences, thanks!

Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Matthew Monaco

On 09/17/2012 08:53 AM, Martín Cigorraga wrote:
> I'm moving to systemd (finally!) and I'm stuck at the HARDWARECLOCK section
> of rc.conf wiki.
> How should be configured /etc/adjtime ? I can't find what should be inside
> it. Also there say: " If this value is not set, then the value stored by
> hwclock in /var/lib/hwclock/adjtime [...]" but I don't have any
> /var/lib/hwclock directory.
> I would appreciate if anyone who already did the jump can share his
> experiences, thanks!

How did you have it set with initscripts? If it was blank or "UTC", then you
don't need to do anything to migrate to systemd. I can't speak for "localtime"

Old 09-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 17.09.2012 16:53, schrieb Martín Cigorraga:
> I'm moving to systemd (finally!) and I'm stuck at the HARDWARECLOCK section
> of rc.conf wiki.
> How should be configured /etc/adjtime ? I can't find what should be inside
> it. Also there say: " If this value is not set, then the value stored by
> hwclock in /var/lib/hwclock/adjtime [...]" but I don't have any
> /var/lib/hwclock directory.
> I would appreciate if anyone who already did the jump can share his
> experiences, thanks!

The file is now in /etc/adjtime. It should already be there.

If not, you set the time and run
hwclock --systohc --utc
or
hwclock --systohc --localtime