Old 09-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Martín Cigorraga

Default Munin and MySQL

Hi all, anyone proficient at Munin?
The talk of one of our guest speakers at the local SFD that took place
yesterday was about monitoring everything with Munin, a software I didn't
knew but which I liked at first sight.
Once at home the very first thing I did after take the laptop out of my
backpack was install Munin, of course, and alongside this I found some
warning and error messages that aren't very informative so before go and
dive on the net trying to gather information about them I decided to first
try luck in the list.
Whenever I run:
# munin-node-configure --shell | sh
I got this:
# The following plugins caused errors:
# mysql_:
# Non-zero exit during autoconf (2)
# ntp_states:
# Non-zero exit during autoconf (2)
# proc:
# In family 'auto' but doesn't have 'autoconf' capability

Now the munin-node-configure --suggest command shows:
| no | no
for all the three plugins. Following the wiki suggestion:
# munin-run {plugin}
I got a:
# Unknown service '{plugin}'
for all them three.

I would appreciate any light here since seems there isn't any Munin error
log file to check and also Munin does not log to standard
/var/log/errors.log file.
Greetz,
Martin

Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Leon Jacobs

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM, MartÃ*n Cigorraga <msx@archlinux.us> wrote:
> Hi all, anyone proficient at Munin?

Im no pro, but recently did a install again.

> The talk of one of our guest speakers at the local SFD that took place
> yesterday was about monitoring everything with Munin, a software I didn't
> knew but which I liked at first sight.
> Once at home the very first thing I did after take the laptop out of my
> backpack was install Munin, of course, and alongside this I found some
> warning and error messages that aren't very informative so before go and
> dive on the net trying to gather information about them I decided to first
> try luck in the list.
> Whenever I run:
> # munin-node-configure --shell | sh
> I got this:
> # The following plugins caused errors:
> # mysql_:
> # Non-zero exit during autoconf (2)
> # ntp_states:
> # Non-zero exit during autoconf (2)
> # proc:
> # In family 'auto' but doesn't have 'autoconf' capability
>
> Now the munin-node-configure --suggest command shows:
> | no | no
> for all the three plugins. Following the wiki suggestion:
> # munin-run {plugin}
> I got a:
> # Unknown service '{plugin}'
> for all them three.

Are you 'literally' running "munin-run {plugin}" or are you specifying
the plugin?
What does the following command output? eg:

[somedude@somebox plugins] # munin-run --debug mysql_threads
# Setting /rgid/ruid/ to /997/99/
# Setting /egid/euid/ to /997 997/99/
# Setting up environment
# About to run '/etc/munin/plugins/mysql_threads'
threads.value 1

--
Regards
L.

Sent using electronic mail ツ

Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Krzysztof Warzecha

2012/9/17 Martín Cigorraga <msx@archlinux.us>:
> Whenever I run:
> # munin-node-configure --shell | sh
> I got this:
> # The following plugins caused errors:
> # mysql_:
> # Non-zero exit during autoconf (2)
> # ntp_states:
> # Non-zero exit during autoconf (2)
> # proc:
> # In family 'auto' but doesn't have 'autoconf' capability

Try:

/usr/lib/munin/plugins/mysql_ suggest

If in doubt, read plugin source. This one needs some extra perl
packages (it will show helpful error message if dependencies are
missing), configuration in /etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/ (in existing or
new file, no difference) and meaningful symlink name. If you want to
install that plugin manually try something like this:

ln -s /usr/lib/munin/plugins/mysql_ /etc/munin/plugins/mysql_$GRAPH

Where $GRAPH is one from: (bin_relay_log, commands, connections,
files_tables, innodb_bpool, innodb_bpool_act, innodb_insert_buf,
innodb_io, innodb_io_pend, innodb_log, innodb_rows, innodb_semaphores,
innodb_tnx, myisam_indexes, network_traffic, qcache, qcache_mem,
replication, select_types, slow, sorts, table_locks, tmp_tables).

--
Krzysztof Warzecha