Old 09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Jude DaShiell

Default almost got talking arch installed

I put the fixes in on /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg and was successful in
First running initcpio -p linux-lts had no problems running and I pointed
everything to linux-lts in /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg. Then I rebooted
the system. I let the computer alone for 8 hours then returned and hit
enter to get archlinux talking. I managed to login as root and was told
the file system was read only. I checked /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda3 with ls
-al and in both cases got the attribute string back of brw-rw----. I
replaced the arch disk in the drive sled with a working install of debian
and after boot up checked /dev/sda1 with ls -al and got the attribute
string back of brw-rw---T. So the latest talking archlinux over here
using syslinux turns out to be installable and unusable at least for the
moment. Is this salvageable, I don't know this is the first time anything
like that happened in my experience with Linux. This time, I can't
produce any dmesg output given the state of the disk and probably the boot
process either.
jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net> Adobe fiend for failing to Flash