Old 09-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Jude DaShiell

Default linux-lts question before reinstall

When I do a system install, can I add linux-lts to the pacstrap command
line and have the installer prevent other less desireable linux kernels
from being installed?

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net> Adobe fiend for failing to Flash

Old 09-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Kyle

You can add linux-lts to the pacstrap command, but it will install both
linux and linux-lts. This is perfectly fine, since you can specify which
kernel you want in syslinux.cfg. You may then remove linux if you choose
to do so. However, rather than reinstalling the entire system, consider
simply installing linux-lts and optionally removing linux, modifying
/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg, adding lts to the kernel and initrd
filenames, e.g. vmlinuz-linux-lts and initramfs-lts.img. This should
give you a working system that uses the lts kernel without reinstalling
from scratch.

~Kyle