Old 09-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Arno Gaboury

Default Need to meet a tech guy

Dear list,

I'm a 47 years old trader, and the current financial crisis forces me to
change my job.
I am working on few business projects which involve good tech knowledges.
I am not a tech guy, just a sophisticated user (proudly running an Arch
box) whith tech as a hobby. I nedd to gather informtaions for the tech
part of my projects and would appreciate to talk with someone involved
in the web and software industry.
I am leaving in Geneva, Switzerland, and if one of you is here too and
can spend a litle time to meet and answer my questions, please PM.

French speaking and knowledges in R language <http://www.r-project.org
would be a plus.

Thank you.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Pedro Jordão

2012/9/13 Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com>

> Dear list,
>
> I'm a 47 years old trader, and the current financial crisis forces me to
> change my job.
> I am working on few business projects which involve good tech knowledges.
> I am not a tech guy, just a sophisticated user (proudly running an Arch
> box) whith tech as a hobby. I nedd to gather informtaions for the tech
> part of my projects and would appreciate to talk with someone involved
> in the web and software industry.
> I am leaving in Geneva, Switzerland, and if one of you is here too and
> can spend a litle time to meet and answer my questions, please PM.
>
> French speaking and knowledges in R language <http://www.r-project.org
> would be a plus.
>
> Thank you.

Hey, I'm not really a tech guy and don't speak French, but I use R pretty
much every day. If you want any help you can ask me.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 PM
John K Pate

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 08:52 -0300, Pedro Jordão wrote:
> 2012/9/13 Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com>
>
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I'm a 47 years old trader, and the current financial crisis forces me to
> > change my job.
> > I am working on few business projects which involve good tech knowledges.
> > I am not a tech guy, just a sophisticated user (proudly running an Arch
> > box) whith tech as a hobby. I nedd to gather informtaions for the tech
> > part of my projects and would appreciate to talk with someone involved
> > in the web and software industry.
> > I am leaving in Geneva, Switzerland, and if one of you is here too and
> > can spend a litle time to meet and answer my questions, please PM.
> >
> > French speaking and knowledges in R language <http://www.r-project.org
> > would be a plus.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> Hey, I'm not really a tech guy and don't speak French, but I use R pretty
> much every day. If you want any help you can ask me.

Same here

--
John K Pate http://jkpate.net

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Arno Gaboury

On 13/09/12||08:52, Pedro Jordão wrote:
> 2012/9/13 Arno Gaboury <[1]arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com>
>
> Dear list,
> I'm a 47 years old trader, and the current financial crisis forces
> me to
> change my job.
> I am working on few business projects which involve good tech
> knowledges.
> I am not a tech guy, just a sophisticated user (proudly running an
> Arch
> box) whith tech as a hobby. I nedd to gather informtaions for the
> tech
> part of my projects and would appreciate to talk with someone
> involved
> in the web and software industry.
> I am leaving in Geneva, Switzerland, and if one of you is here too
> and
> can spend a litle time to meet and answer my questions, please PM.
> French speaking and knowledges in R language
> <[2]http://www.r-project.org
> would be a plus.
> Thank you.
>
> Hey, I'm not really a tech guy and don't speak French, but I use R
> pretty much every day. If you want any help you can ask me.

Pedro,

Thank you for answering. Using R will only be one part of the ovearll
business. It involves much more global knowledges in IT.
Are you leaving in Geneva? I need to meet and talk not via web channels.
As for R, I will keep your proposal in mind, and maybe PM you and ask
specific questions about it if needed.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Pedro Jordão

2012/9/13 Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com>

> On 13/09/12||08:52, Pedro Jordão wrote:
> > 2012/9/13 Arno Gaboury <[1]arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com>
> >
> > Dear list,
> > I'm a 47 years old trader, and the current financial crisis forces
> > me to
> > change my job.
> > I am working on few business projects which involve good tech
> > knowledges.
> > I am not a tech guy, just a sophisticated user (proudly running an
> > Arch
> > box) whith tech as a hobby. I nedd to gather informtaions for the
> > tech
> > part of my projects and would appreciate to talk with someone
> > involved
> > in the web and software industry.
> > I am leaving in Geneva, Switzerland, and if one of you is here too
> > and
> > can spend a litle time to meet and answer my questions, please PM.
> > French speaking and knowledges in R language
> > <[2]http://www.r-project.org
> > would be a plus.
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Hey, I'm not really a tech guy and don't speak French, but I use R
> > pretty much every day. If you want any help you can ask me.
> >
> Pedro,
>
> Thank you for answering. Using R will only be one part of the ovearll
> business. It involves much more global knowledges in IT.
> Are you leaving in Geneva? I need to meet and talk not via web channels.
> As for R, I will keep your proposal in mind, and maybe PM you and ask
> specific questions about it if needed.
>
> > References
> >
> > 1. mailto:arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com
> > 2. http://www.r-project.org/