Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
phanisvara das

Default new install: files under /etc/fonts/conf.d/ not symlinks?

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:41:07 +0530
phanisvara das <listmail@phanisvara.com> wrote:

> a couple days ago, after the problematic fontconfig update was
> already done, i installed a new instance of arch no a separate
> partitionl (via pacman -r / chroot, from my existing, updated arch
> instance).
>
> now i'm surprised to find that the files under /etc/fonts/conf.d/
> aren't symlinks, but real files again -- and pacman doesn't
> complain...how comes?
>
> (this install has [testing] enabled, if that makes a difference.)

SORRY, FORGET IT. just checked again, and the file manager i was
using in the new installation somehow didn't show that these are
actually links. now, checking from the environment i'm used to
(KDE), i see that everything under /etc/fonts/conf.d/ are symlinks,
as expected...

sorry for the noise...

--
phani.