Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 AM
David Benfell

Default pear/php/module api version mismatch

Hi all,

Apologies for what I'm sure is an idiot question. Any time I try to do
anything with pear, I get:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: uploadprogress: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/json.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/json.so: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: pam: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: apc: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: ssh2: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: gnupg: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: eAccelerator: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error: Directive 'allow_call_time_pass_reference' is no
longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0

atlanta# pear install eAccelerator
[...]

What do I do?

In case it matters, the problem I'm really trying to solve [TM] is to
install a calendar server. I've selected horde because it also offers a
supposedly gnupg-capable webmail server, which would be nice when I'm
stuck on my tablet.

Thanks!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Simon Perry

On 11/09/12, David Benfell wrote:

| PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
| '/usr/lib/php/modules/json.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/json.so:
| cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown
| on line 0

Take "extension=json.so" out of your php.ini - it's built in now.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)

Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Simon Perry

On 12/09/12, Simon Perry wrote:

| Take "extension=json.so" out of your php.ini - it's built in now.

I should have added "for starters", I don't think it will fix the rest
of your problems.

Unfortunately, I don't use PEAR that much to offer any further advice.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)

Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 AM
David Benfell

On 09/11/2012 06:15 PM, Simon Perry wrote:

On 11/09/12, David Benfell wrote:

| PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
| '/usr/lib/php/modules/json.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/json.so:
| cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown
| on line 0

Take "extension=json.so" out of your php.ini - it's built in now.

Okay, that gets rid of one problem. What about the others?

thanks!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:21 AM
David Benfell

On 09/11/2012 06:18 PM, Simon Perry wrote:

> I should have added "for starters", I don't think it will fix the
rest of your problems. Unfortunately, I don't use PEAR that much to
offer any further advice.

Our mails crossed. :-)

Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Simon Perry

On 11/09/12, David Benfell wrote:

| Okay, that gets rid of one problem. What about the others?

Can you re-install the modules?

Looks like they might need a re-compile against your current version of
PHP?

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)

Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 AM
David Benfell

On 09/11/2012 06:23 PM, Simon Perry wrote:

On 11/09/12, David Benfell wrote:

| Okay, that gets rid of one problem. What about the others?

Can you re-install the modules?

Looks like they might need a re-compile against your current version of
PHP?

There is a 'pear uninstall' and a 'pear install', however these yield
the same errors.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Simon Perry

On 11/09/12, David Benfell wrote:

| There is a 'pear uninstall' and a 'pear install', however these
| yield the same errors.

FWIW, I picked one of your modules at random, and "pear install" told me
to use "pecl install uploadprogress", and it worked fine.

I'd look at cleaning out PEAR stuff from /usr/lib/php, make sure your
Arch php and php-packages are up-to-date and try again.

# pecl install uploadprogress
downloading uploadprogress-1.0.3.1.tgz ...
Starting to download uploadprogress-1.0.3.1.tgz (9,040 bytes)
.....done: 9,040 bytes
4 source files, building
running: phpize
Configuring for:
PHP Api Version: 20100412
Zend Module Api No: 20100525
Zend Extension Api No: 220100525
building in /tmp/pear/temp/pear-build-rootKr1KAt/uploadprogress-1.0.3.1
running: /tmp/pear/temp/uploadprogress/configure
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for cc... cc
etc etc etc

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)