Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Serge Hooge

Default cups 1.6.1 doesn't detect usb printer

> Hi,
>
> I'm stuck with resolving my printer issue. Maybe someone here can
> help me out.
>
> Long story: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=148474
>
> Short version: I reinstalled cups, removed all leftover files
> in /etc, /usr which wasn't owned any package. Samsung unified driver
> got replaced with splix-svn 307.
> Now cups doesn't see my usb printer. On a laptop with clean cups
> install it works.
> (snip)

The troubles CUPS updates always cause have bugged me so much I had it
blacklisted.

What exactly have you tried to install the printer?
system-config-printer? Web interface? Samsung installers?

--
Serge Hooge

Old 09-08-2012, 04:01 PM

I'm stuck with resolving my printer issue. Maybe someone here can
help me out.

Long story: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=148474

Short version: I reinstalled cups, removed all leftover files
in /etc, /usr which wasn't owned any package. Samsung unified driver
got replaced with splix-svn 307.
Now cups doesn't see my usb printer. On a laptop with clean cups
install it works.
(snip)

The troubles CUPS updates always cause have bugged me so much I had it
blacklisted.

What exactly have you tried to install the printer?
system-config-printer? Web interface? Samsung installers?

I abandoned samsung unified driver and switched to splix. I tried to add
the printer via web and command line interface .

Old 09-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Serge Hooge

> I abandoned samsung unified driver and switched to splix. I tried to
> add the printer via web and command line interface .

Neither recognize the printer? Perhaps the permissions on the device
node are wrong?

--
Serge Hooge

Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 AM