Old 09-08-2012, 03:22 PM

Default cups 1.6.1 doesn't detect usb printer

Hi,

I'm stuck with resolving my printer issue. Maybe someone here can help
me out.

Long story: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=148474

Short version: I reinstalled cups, removed all leftover files in /etc,
/usr which wasn't owned any package. Samsung unified driver got replaced
with splix-svn 307.
Now cups doesn't see my usb printer. On a laptop with clean cups install
it works.

What interesting that the printer is recognized, lsusb, dmesg shows it.
And usb backend called manually detects it, too:

|# /usr/lib/cups/backend/usb
DEBUG: list_devices
DEBUG: libusb_get_device_list=10
DEBUG2: Printer found with device ID: MFG:Samsung;CMD:PCL5E,SPL,FWV,EXT;MDL:SCX-3200 Series;CLS:PRINTER;MODE:SCN;STATUS:BUSY; Device URI: usb://Samsung/SCX-3200%20Series?serial=Z509BFEB902638M&interface=1
direct usb://Samsung/SCX-3200%20Series?serial=Z509BFEB902638M&interface=1 "Samsung SCX-3200 Series" "Samsung SCX-3200 Series" "MFG:Samsung;CMD:PCL5E,SPL,FWV,EXT;MDL:SCX-3200 Series;CLS:PRINTER;MODE:SCN;STATUS:BUSY;" ""
root ~ # lpinfo -vl
network http
network lpd
network socket
network smb
network https
network ipp
network ipps|

Does someone have any clue? Of course I played with usblp module
(removed, loaded), no avail.

Thanks,
Zsolt