Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   ArchLinux General Discussion (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/)
-   -   After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/701643-after-update-package-fontconfig-causes-ldconfig-issue.html)

Ralf Mardorf 09-08-2012 05:23 AM

After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue
 
When an update today run ldconfig, I noticed that there's something
wrong, caused by an update from yesterday.

[root@archlinux spinymouse]# ldconfig
ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1 is not an ELF file - it has the
wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2 is not an ELF file - it has
the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so is not an ELF file - it has the
wrong magic bytes at the start.

[root@archlinux spinymouse]# pacman -Qi fontconfig | grep Install Date
Install Date : Fri Sep 7 07:18:11 2012
[root@archlinux spinymouse]# pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep libfontconfig
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2

Regards,
Ralf

Ralf Mardorf 09-08-2012 07:38 AM

After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue
 
On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 09:17 +0200, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> Le samedi 8 septembre 2012 07:23:18 Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
> > When an update today run ldconfig, I noticed that there's something
> > wrong, caused by an update from yesterday.
> >
> > [root@archlinux spinymouse]# ldconfig
> > ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1 is not an ELF file - it has the
> > wrong magic bytes at the start.
> >
> > ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2 is not an ELF file - it has
> > the wrong magic bytes at the start.
> >
> > ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so is not an ELF file - it has the
> > wrong magic bytes at the start.
> >
> > [root@archlinux spinymouse]# pacman -Qi fontconfig | grep Install Date
> > Install Date : Fri Sep 7 07:18:11 2012
> > [root@archlinux spinymouse]# pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep libfontconfig
> > fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
> > fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
> > fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ralf
>
> All these files are from lib32-fontconfig package. And they are all correct:
> $ readelf -h /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1
> ELF Header:
> Magic: 7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> Class: ELF32
> Data: 2's complement, little endian
> Version: 1 (current)
> OS/ABI: UNIX - System V
> ABI Version: 0
> Type: DYN (Shared object file)
> Machine: Intel 80386
> Version: 0x1
> Entry point address: 0x45f0
> Start of program headers: 52 (bytes into file)
> Start of section headers: 227008 (bytes into file)
> Flags: 0x0
> Size of this header: 52 (bytes)
> Size of program headers: 32 (bytes)
> Number of program headers: 7
> Size of section headers: 40 (bytes)
> Number of section headers: 27
> Section header string table index: 26
>
>
> Something must be rotten on your system.

The only cause for this could be updates. On my Arch those files aren't
from lib32-fontconfig.

[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ readelf -h /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1
readelf: Error: Unable to read in 0x91f2 bytes of section headers
readelf: Error: Not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the
start
[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi lib32-fontconfig
Name : lib32-fontconfig
Version : 2.10.1-1
URL : None
Licenses : None
Groups : None
Provides : None
Depends On : None
Optional Deps : None
Required By : google-earth lib32-cairo lib32-libxft
Conflicts With : None
Replaces : None
Installed Size : 0.00 KiB
Packager : None
Architecture : None
Build Date : None
Install Date : None
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : No
Description : None

[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql lib32-fontconfig | grep
libfontconfig
[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep libfontconfig
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi fontconfig
Name : fontconfig
Version : 2.10.1-2
[snip]

Regards,
Ralf

Ralf Mardorf 09-08-2012 07:43 AM

After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue
 
On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 09:38 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 09:17 +0200, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> > Le samedi 8 septembre 2012 07:23:18 Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
> > > When an update today run ldconfig, I noticed that there's something
> > > wrong, caused by an update from yesterday.
> > >
> > > [root@archlinux spinymouse]# ldconfig
> > > ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1 is not an ELF file - it has the
> > > wrong magic bytes at the start.
> > >
> > > ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2 is not an ELF file - it has
> > > the wrong magic bytes at the start.
> > >
> > > ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so is not an ELF file - it has the
> > > wrong magic bytes at the start.
> > >
> > > [root@archlinux spinymouse]# pacman -Qi fontconfig | grep Install Date
> > > Install Date : Fri Sep 7 07:18:11 2012
> > > [root@archlinux spinymouse]# pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep libfontconfig
> > > fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
> > > fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
> > > fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Ralf
> >
> > All these files are from lib32-fontconfig package. And they are all correct:
> > $ readelf -h /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1
> > ELF Header:
> > Magic: 7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> > Class: ELF32
> > Data: 2's complement, little endian
> > Version: 1 (current)
> > OS/ABI: UNIX - System V
> > ABI Version: 0
> > Type: DYN (Shared object file)
> > Machine: Intel 80386
> > Version: 0x1
> > Entry point address: 0x45f0
> > Start of program headers: 52 (bytes into file)
> > Start of section headers: 227008 (bytes into file)
> > Flags: 0x0
> > Size of this header: 52 (bytes)
> > Size of program headers: 32 (bytes)
> > Number of program headers: 7
> > Size of section headers: 40 (bytes)
> > Number of section headers: 27
> > Section header string table index: 26
> >
> >
> > Something must be rotten on your system.
>
> The only cause for this could be updates.

Or a power blackout I had yesterday. But how should a power blackout
cause a broken header for a lib?

> On my Arch those files aren't
> from lib32-fontconfig.
>
> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ readelf -h /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1
> readelf: Error: Unable to read in 0x91f2 bytes of section headers
> readelf: Error: Not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the
> start
> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi lib32-fontconfig
> Name : lib32-fontconfig
> Version : 2.10.1-1
> URL : None
> Licenses : None
> Groups : None
> Provides : None
> Depends On : None
> Optional Deps : None
> Required By : google-earth lib32-cairo lib32-libxft
> Conflicts With : None
> Replaces : None
> Installed Size : 0.00 KiB
> Packager : None
> Architecture : None
> Build Date : None
> Install Date : None
> Install Reason : Explicitly installed
> Install Script : No
> Description : None
>
> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql lib32-fontconfig | grep
> libfontconfig
> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep libfontconfig
> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi fontconfig
> Name : fontconfig
> Version : 2.10.1-2
> [snip]
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Allan McRae 09-08-2012 07:50 AM

After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue
 
On 08/09/12 17:43, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 09:38 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 09:17 +0200, Laurent Carlier wrote:
>>> Le samedi 8 septembre 2012 07:23:18 Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
>>>> When an update today run ldconfig, I noticed that there's something
>>>> wrong, caused by an update from yesterday.
>>>>
>>>> [root@archlinux spinymouse]# ldconfig
>>>> ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1 is not an ELF file - it has the
>>>> wrong magic bytes at the start.
>>>>
>>>> ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2 is not an ELF file - it has
>>>> the wrong magic bytes at the start.
>>>>
>>>> ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so is not an ELF file - it has the
>>>> wrong magic bytes at the start.
>>>>
>>>> [root@archlinux spinymouse]# pacman -Qi fontconfig | grep Install Date
>>>> Install Date : Fri Sep 7 07:18:11 2012
>>>> [root@archlinux spinymouse]# pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep libfontconfig
>>>> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
>>>> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
>>>> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Ralf
>>>
>>> All these files are from lib32-fontconfig package. And they are all correct:
>>> $ readelf -h /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1
>>> ELF Header:
>>> Magic: 7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>>> Class: ELF32
>>> Data: 2's complement, little endian
>>> Version: 1 (current)
>>> OS/ABI: UNIX - System V
>>> ABI Version: 0
>>> Type: DYN (Shared object file)
>>> Machine: Intel 80386
>>> Version: 0x1
>>> Entry point address: 0x45f0
>>> Start of program headers: 52 (bytes into file)
>>> Start of section headers: 227008 (bytes into file)
>>> Flags: 0x0
>>> Size of this header: 52 (bytes)
>>> Size of program headers: 32 (bytes)
>>> Number of program headers: 7
>>> Size of section headers: 40 (bytes)
>>> Number of section headers: 27
>>> Section header string table index: 26
>>>
>>>
>>> Something must be rotten on your system.
>>
>> The only cause for this could be updates.
>
> Or a power blackout I had yesterday. But how should a power blackout
> cause a broken header for a lib?
>

Right after you updated? The file might not have been written to disk yet...

rafael ff1 09-08-2012 08:11 AM

After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue
 
2012/9/8 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>:
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 17:50 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>> Right after you updated? The file might not have been written to disk
>> yet...
>
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 07:23 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> When an update today run ldconfig, I noticed that there's something
>> wrong, caused by an update from yesterday.
>> [snip]
>> # pacman -Qi fontconfig | grep Install Date
>> Install Date : Fri Sep 7 07:18:11 2012
>> [snip]
>
> Even if it's pseudo-solved now, the package fontconfig does own those
> files too.
>
> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep
> libfontconfigfontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql lib32-fontconfig | grep
> libfontconfig
> lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so
> lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1
> lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
>

I guess forcing reinstallation would solve your problem.

Ralf Mardorf 09-08-2012 08:22 AM

After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue
 
On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 05:11 -0300, rafael ff1 wrote
> I guess forcing reinstallation would solve your problem.

[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu --force lib32-fontconfig
fontconfig
[snip]
[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep libfontconfig
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql lib32-fontconfig | grep
libfontconfig
lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so
lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1
lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qo /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
/usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2 is owned by lib32-fontconfig 2.10.1-1

*?*
Ralf

Ralf Mardorf 09-08-2012 08:29 AM

After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue
 
On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 10:17 +0200, A Rojas wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> >>
> >> Even if it's pseudo-solved now, the package fontconfig does own those
> >> files too.
> >>
> >> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql fontconfig | grep
> >> libfontconfigfontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so
> >> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
> >> fontconfig /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
> >> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql lib32-fontconfig | grep
> >> libfontconfig
> >> lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so
> >> lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1
> >> lib32-fontconfig /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
> >
> > OTOH
> > [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman
> > -Qo /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2/usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
> > is owned by lib32-fontconfig 2.10.1-1
>
> You realize that /usr/lib/ and /usr/lib32/ are different folders right?

I didn't recognized it for pacman -Ql :D. So it's solved now.

[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2 is owned by fontconfig 2.10.1-2
[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qo /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2
/usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1.6.2 is owned by lib32-fontconfig 2.10.1-1

Thank you,
Ralf

Ralf Mardorf 09-08-2012 10:19 AM

After update package fontconfig causes ldconfig issue
 
> >>> Something must be rotten on your system.
> >>
> >> The only cause for this could be updates.
> >
> > Or a power blackout I had yesterday. But how should a power blackout
> > cause a broken header for a lib?
> >
>
> Right after you updated? The file might not have been written to disk yet...

Oops, no, the blackout wasn't right after the update. It was hours
later. Arch did run, but I didn't use the computer. I tried to
troubleshout for the cause of voltage on the casing of my dishwasher and
accidentally turned off the circuit for my computer, instead of the
kitchen's circuit.

;)
Ralf


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:51 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.