Old 09-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Krzysztof Warzecha

Default how to handle dependency cycle?

Hello,

I found dependency cycle in extra:

libjpeg -> nasm (makedepends)
nasm -> ghostscript (makedepends)
ghostscript -> libjpg (depends)

check_package.py script (one that sends Integrity Check to
arch-dev-public) does not treat this as dependency cycle, but clearly
I can't build one package without at least one another.

Assuming I have no packages from extra, how do I handle this? In this
case I could just drop ghostscript from nasm and everything will work
(well, I hope so). This is just bug?

(I'm trying to write script that could rebuild all packages from scratch)

--
Krzysztof Warzecha

Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Allan McRae

On 07/09/12 03:02, Krzysztof Warzecha wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found dependency cycle in extra:
>
> libjpeg -> nasm (makedepends)
> nasm -> ghostscript (makedepends)
> ghostscript -> libjpg (depends)
>
> check_package.py script (one that sends Integrity Check to
> arch-dev-public) does not treat this as dependency cycle, but clearly
> I can't build one package without at least one another.
>
> Assuming I have no packages from extra, how do I handle this? In this
> case I could just drop ghostscript from nasm and everything will work
> (well, I hope so). This is just bug?

It is probably not a bug. You can drop ghostscript from nasm
makedepends, build the rest then rebuild nasm.

Allan