Old 09-04-2012, 02:16 PM
"Stephen E. Baker"

Default is it possible to disable bold(bright) color under console?

On 04/09/2012 3:14 PM, Xeslaro wrote:

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 12:33:53PM +0200, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:

You are not telling wich console are you using... Are you in some kind of
virtual terminal? Or in the linux console? If the latter, are you using the
old VGA console or the new FB console?

--
Rodrigo

sorry, i thought there's a general way to do it. i want to do it under xterm and fb console with agetty running.

You can modify the .Xresources files and redefine the bright colours.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X_resources#Terminal_colors

(Remember to xrdb the file when you're done, and add xrdb to your xinit
if you haven't already)

Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Xeslaro

Old 09-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Xeslaro

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 04:51:38PM +0200, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:
> I was thinking on patching & recompiling the kernel module associated to
> the console...
>
> But on second thought, you may better try with "screen" (if you are not
> using it already). Just adding the following line to the .screenrc file did
> the trick for me:
>
> attrcolor b "-b"
>
> You can even replace the bold with underline, for extra fun, using instead:
>
> attrcolor b "=u"
>
> Screen has so many posibilities!
>
> HTH
> --
> Rodrigo

that's a good and interesting idea, i've been using screen and everything's doing well!