Old 09-02-2012, 11:44 AM
set

Default KDE Dolphin Network Services : Fail to open ftp server

Hello,

On my home network is a UPnP/FTP/Samba server which I can access normally
through these protocols from many devices.

On ArchLinux, FTP access through a URL in Dolphin's address bar works simply.
Browsing fails through the pathway : Network/Network Services/FTP
servers/ServerName.

Error message (crude translation from French) :
can't connect to host servername.local : timeout reached when trying to
connect to remote host.

The error is displayed immediately.

The same attempt succeeds on Fedora 16 in the same home network.

Any help to solve this out is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:35 PM
set

Le dimanche 2 septembre 2012 13:44:52 set a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On my home network is a UPnP/FTP/Samba server which I can access normally
> through these protocols from many devices.
>
> On ArchLinux, FTP access through a URL in Dolphin's address bar works
> simply. Browsing fails through the pathway : Network/Network Services/FTP
> servers/ServerName.
>
> Error message (crude translation from French) :
> can't connect to host servername.local : timeout reached when trying to
> connect to remote host.
>
> The error is displayed immediately.
>
> The same attempt succeeds on Fedora 16 in the same home network.
>
> Any help to solve this out is welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Solved, had to install nss-mdns and append mdns in the hosts line in
/etc/nsswitch.conf