Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 PM
Arno Gaboury

Default systemd.mount not authorized

Dear list,

I boot with systemd and startx.

I can't open my USB disk with thunar (XFCE4 file manager) and get this
message:
Not autorized to perform operation.

I understand as a simple user I can not mount it.
How can I solve this issue? I couldn't find any clear answer.

Thank you

Old 08-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 18:12 +0200, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I boot with systemd and startx.
>
> I can't open my USB disk with thunar (XFCE4 file manager) and get this
> message:
> Not autorized to perform operation.
>
> I understand as a simple user I can not mount it.
> How can I solve this issue? I couldn't find any clear answer.
>
> Thank you

[spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi thunar
Name : thunar
Version : 1.4.0-2
Optional Deps : polkit-gnome: for mounting internal partitions (needs
root password)

FWIW, I can mount using Thunar, but each time I run gparted I'm asked
for every single partition, if I wish to mount it, so I have many times
to click cancel.

Regards,
Ralf

Old 08-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 18:24 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 18:12 +0200, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I boot with systemd and startx.
> >
> > I can't open my USB disk with thunar (XFCE4 file manager) and get this
> > message:
> > Not autorized to perform operation.
> >
> > I understand as a simple user I can not mount it.
> > How can I solve this issue? I couldn't find any clear answer.
> >
> > Thank you
>
> [spinymouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi thunar
> Name : thunar
> Version : 1.4.0-2
> Optional Deps : polkit-gnome: for mounting internal partitions (needs
> root password)
>
> FWIW, I can mount using Thunar, but each time I run gparted I'm asked
> for every single partition, if I wish to mount it, so I have many times
> to click cancel.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Apologize, for my USB stick I don't need a password. I missed the
"internal" in the description above.

Perhaps it's this:

Optional Deps : thunar-volman: manages removable devices

Hth,
Ralf