Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Arno Gaboury

Default systemd-pulseaudio-no sound card

On 29/08/12||16:16, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 16:04 +0200, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> > this is the only issue when booting with systemd.
>
> There is a certain irony in the fact that the "only" issue is regarding
> to systemd + pulseaudio and not when booting with sysvinit ;D.
>
> Rollin', rollin', rollin' ...

i do not want to participate to the already much too long and boring
flame about systemd, but yes, it is ironic to see my only issue comes
from pulseaudio, writen by the same guru that wrote systemd!

Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Kwpolska

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/08/12||16:16, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 16:04 +0200, Arno Gaboury wrote:
>> > this is the only issue when booting with systemd.
>>
>> There is a certain irony in the fact that the "only" issue is regarding
>> to systemd + pulseaudio and not when booting with sysvinit ;D.
>>
>> Rollin', rollin', rollin' ...
>>

> i do not want to participate to the already much too long and boring
> flame about systemd, but yes, it is ironic to see my only issue comes
> from pulseaudio, writen by the same guru that wrote systemd!

what daemons are you running under initscripts and what under systemd?

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail | always bottom-post

Old 08-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Arno Gaboury

On 29/08/12||18:53, Kwpolska wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> There is a certain irony in the fact that the "only" issue is regarding
> >> to systemd + pulseaudio and not when booting with sysvinit ;D.
> >>
> >> Rollin', rollin', rollin' ...
> >>

> > i do not want to participate to the already much too long and boring
> > flame about systemd, but yes, it is ironic to see my only issue comes
> > from pulseaudio, writen by the same guru that wrote systemd!
>
> what daemons are you running under initscripts and what under systemd?

rc.conf : DAEMONS=(syslog-ng dbus iptables networkmanager !net-profiles
netfs ntpd @sshd crond libvirtd acpid @avahi-daemon @mpd)

now with systemd, $ ps aux | lsee give me:
-systemd-journald
-systemd-udevd
-avahi-daemon
-avahi-dnsconfd -s
-mpd --no-daemon
-systemd-logind
-libvirtd
-crond -n
-sshd -D
-Networkmanager --no-daemon
-dbus-daemon --system --adress=systemd: --nofork --nopidfile
--systemd-activation
-polkitd --no-debug
-syslog-ng -F
-acpid -f
-ntpd -g -u
-dhcpd
-console-kit-daemon --no-daemon
-dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
-dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid5 --print-adress 7 --session
-pulseaudio --start
-rtkit-daemon
-xfconfd
-gvfsd
-upowerd
-udiskd --no-debug
-gconfd-2

I guess the list is too long !

My issue comes from permission. On console mod, $ aplay -l returns
correctly the devices. When I am on X, it doesn't.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Sébastien Leblanc

> My issue comes from permission. On console mod, $ aplay -l returns
> correctly the devices. When I am on X, it doesn't.

Might be a PolicyKit issue. How do you start your X server / desktop manager?

--
Sébastien Leblanc

Old 08-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Sébastien Leblanc

On 29 August 2012 13:20, Sébastien Leblanc <leblancsebas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My issue comes from permission. On console mod, $ aplay -l returns
>> correctly the devices. When I am on X, it doesn't.
>
> Might be a PolicyKit issue. How do you start your X server / desktop manager?

Guuhhh, ConsoleKit...

--
Sébastien Leblanc

Old 08-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Sébastien Leblanc

Disregard that, I did not know enough of systemd to know that it uses
a mechanism named 'loginctl' instead of ConsoleKit...

--
Sébastien Leblanc

Old 08-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Arno Gaboury

On 29/08/12||13:20, Sébastien Leblanc wrote:
> > My issue comes from permission. On console mod, $ aplay -l returns
> > correctly the devices. When I am on X, it doesn't.
>
> Might be a PolicyKit issue. How do you start your X server / desktop manager?
>
> -- Sébastien Leblanc

Maybe. I startx with :

exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Heiko Baums

Am Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:32:54 +0200
schrieb Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com>:

> On 29/08/12||13:20, Sébastien Leblanc wrote:
> > > My issue comes from permission. On console mod, $ aplay -l returns
> > > correctly the devices. When I am on X, it doesn't.
> >
> > Might be a PolicyKit issue. How do you start your X server /
> > desktop manager?
> >
> > -- Sébastien Leblanc
>
> Maybe. I startx with :
>
> exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch.

Try only:
exec startxfce4

When I start Xfce with

exec ck-launch-session startxfce4

I get some issues with permissions, too. The action buttons don't work
and I only can logout but not halt or reboot (both grayed out) when I
use ck-launch-session. Without it I have absolutely no problems. I don't
know if this could affect your issue, too.

I'd recommend not using PA anyway.

Heiko

Old 08-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Aug 29, 2012 7:33 PM, "Arno Gaboury" <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/08/12||13:20, Sébastien Leblanc wrote:
> > > My issue comes from permission. On console mod, $ aplay -l returns
> > > correctly the devices. When I am on X, it doesn't.
> >
> > Might be a PolicyKit issue. How do you start your X server / desktop
manager?

> > -- Sébastien Leblanc
>
> Maybe. I startx with :
>
> exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch.

My guess is that your graphical session is not registered properly with
pam. You can verify this by checking if your session is 'active' according
to loginctl. The blog post i mentioned explains how to work around this.

Tom