Old 08-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Nick Lanham

Default Emacs window color broken after update to 24.2.1

The emacs update seems to have broken something in the way emacs
displays colors. The portion of the window where there is "nothing" is
always displayed with a light grey tint.

Screenshots:
- starting with -q (i.e. no config): http://i.imgur.com/8ailM.png
- with a theme: http://i.imgur.com/rJjB1.png

The only thing I set in my .Xdefaults is Emacs*Font

A downgrade to 24.1 fixes makes things work again.

Cheers,

Nick

Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Nick Lanham

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:21:27 +0200
Nick Lanham <nick@afternight.org> wrote:

> The emacs update seems to have broken something in the way emacs
> displays colors. The portion of the window where there is "nothing"
> is always displayed with a light grey tint.
>
> Screenshots:
> - starting with -q (i.e. no config): http://i.imgur.com/8ailM.png
> - with a theme: http://i.imgur.com/rJjB1.png
>
> The only thing I set in my .Xdefaults is Emacs*Font
>
> A downgrade to 24.1 fixes makes things work again.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Nick

Is no one else seeing this? It would be nice to know if I'm alone in
having this problem or not.

Thanks!
-Nick

Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Sujith

Nick Lanham wrote:
> Is no one else seeing this? It would be nice to know if I'm alone in
> having this problem or not.

I don't see this problem - with 'emacs -q' or otherwise.
(GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.11) of 2012-08-31 on nako)

Sujith

Old 08-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Igor Sosa Mayor

On 31 August 2012 12:11, Nick Lanham <nick@afternight.org> wrote:

> Is no one else seeing this? It would be nice to know if I'm alone in
> having this problem or not.

I don't have this problem. But I have to say that the color of marking
something has changed without my intervention. But it is even prettier now
than previously

Old 08-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 15:46 +0530, Sujith wrote:
> Nick Lanham wrote:
> > Is no one else seeing this? It would be nice to know if I'm alone in
> > having this problem or not.
>
> I don't see this problem - with 'emacs -q' or otherwise.
> (GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.11) of 2012-08-31 on nako)
>
> Sujith

On "Wanderlust English List" I read about issues regarding to Emacs from
Arch Linux repositories. I don't use Emacs and Wanderlust at the moment,
so I deleted the mails and I don't remember the kind of issues. However,
there's an archive http://www.gohome.org/wl/#ML . Unfortunately the Link
to the archive is broken here . It links to http://www.airs.net/ ,
instead of the Archive. Perhaps, here are workarounds for issues
regarding to Emacs from Arch Linux, dunno.

Hth,
Ralf

PS: Sorry for the cross-posting. I want to inform that the link to the
wl-en archive is broken.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 12:39 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 15:46 +0530, Sujith wrote:
> > Nick Lanham wrote:
> > > Is no one else seeing this? It would be nice to know if I'm alone in
> > > having this problem or not.
> >
> > I don't see this problem - with 'emacs -q' or otherwise.
> > (GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.11) of 2012-08-31 on nako)
> >
> > Sujith
>
> On "Wanderlust English List" I read about issues regarding to Emacs from
> Arch Linux repositories. I don't use Emacs and Wanderlust at the moment,
> so I deleted the mails and I don't remember the kind of issues. However,
> there's an archive http://www.gohome.org/wl/#ML . Unfortunately the Link
> to the archive is broken here . It links to http://www.airs.net/ ,
> instead of the Archive. Perhaps, here are workarounds for issues
> regarding to Emacs from Arch Linux, dunno.
>
> Hth,
> Ralf
>
> PS: Sorry for the cross-posting. I want to inform that the link to the
> wl-en archive is broken.

Apologize, I now found this http://emacswiki.org/emacs/WanderLust -->
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.wanderlust.general

Perhaps there's information about Emacs for Arch Linux.