Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Aurko Roy

Default Journalctl error with systemdAssertion 'size > 0' failed at src/journal/mmap-cache.c:615, function mmap_cache_get(). Aborting. zsh: abort journalctl

Hi,
I have been getting the following error whenever I try to run journalctl:

Assertion 'size > 0' failed at src/journal/mmap-cache.c:615, function
mmap_cache_get(). Aborting.
zsh: abort journalctl

Initially I thought it had something to do with the new sealing key
functionality of systemd, so I ran journalctl --setup-keys which ran
without a problem. However this error persists even after generating the
sealing keys, so now I'm not so sure if they're related. I'm running
systemd 189-3 (with systemd-sysvcompat 189-3) from the testing repo with
permanent logging enabled (I have a /var/log/journal directory created).
Does anybody have an idea what could be causing the problem? I apologize if
this is some standard issue that may have been covered on the wiki, in
which case I would greatly appreciate if someone were to point me in the
right direction.

TIA.

--
Aurko Roy
GPG key: 0x20C5BC31

Old 09-04-2012, 03:54 PM
DR

[...]

I can confirm this. After update to systemd 189 I have the same problem.
Systemd 188 works fine on my computer.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Aurko Roy

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM, DR <drdarkraven@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:32:04 +0800, Aurko Roy <roy.aurko@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>> I have been getting the following error whenever I try to run
>> journalctl:
>>
>> Assertion 'size > 0' failed at src/journal/mmap-cache.c:615, function
>> mmap_cache_get(). Aborting.
>> zsh: abort journalctl
>>
>> Initially I thought it had something to do with the new sealing key
>> functionality of systemd, so I ran journalctl --setup-keys which ran
>> without a problem. However this error persists even after generating the
>> sealing keys, so now I'm not so sure if they're related. I'm running
>> systemd 189-3 (with systemd-sysvcompat 189-3) from the testing repo with
>> permanent logging enabled (I have a /var/log/journal directory created).
>> Does anybody have an idea what could be causing the problem? I apologize
>> if
>> this is some standard issue that may have been covered on the wiki, in
>> which case I would greatly appreciate if someone were to point me in the
>> right direction.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> I can confirm this. After update to systemd 189 I have the same problem.
> Systemd 188 works fine on my computer.

I still haven't fixed this issue. Strangely though it works fine on my
desktop (which also is using systemd 189 from testing). It's rather
puzzling.