Old 08-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Arno Gaboury

Default systemd-pulseaudio

Dear list,

I am able to boot with systemd. For now, I am still using the mixed
systemd installation, until everything is clear.
The only issue is with pulseaudio.
$ journalctl returns
[pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c: resume state exists but is wrong
size!
I am on XFCE4, and when I start mixer, i have this error:
GStreamer was unable to detect any sound device.Some sound system
specific Gstreamer packages maybe missing. It may also be a permission
problem.
In /var/log/errors, I find these entries:
localhost pulseaudio[29270]: [pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c:
resume state exists but is wrong size!
localhost login: pam_systemd(login:session): Failed to release session:
Connection was disconnected before a reply was received

My music player (ncmpcpp with mpd) is indeed playing music, and I can
control volume with the +/- keys.

Thank you for help.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Oon-Ee Ng

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am able to boot with systemd. For now, I am still using the mixed
> systemd installation, until everything is clear.
> The only issue is with pulseaudio.
> $ journalctl returns
> [pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c: resume state exists but is wrong
> size!
> I am on XFCE4, and when I start mixer, i have this error:
> GStreamer was unable to detect any sound device.Some sound system
> specific Gstreamer packages maybe missing. It may also be a permission
> problem.
> In /var/log/errors, I find these entries:
> localhost pulseaudio[29270]: [pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c:
> resume state exists but is wrong size!
> localhost login: pam_systemd(login:session): Failed to release session:
> Connection was disconnected before a reply was received
>
> My music player (ncmpcpp with mpd) is indeed playing music, and I can
> control volume with the +/- keys.
>
> Thank you for help.

Pulseaudio works fine here with systemd. What modifications have you
made to your system?