-   -   systemd native files in etc (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/697131-systemd-native-files-etc.html)

Qadri 08-23-2012 08:14 PM

systemd native files in etc

Hi all,

Given all the hullabaloo about systemd I thought I'd try it out. I went to
the wiki and saw that it has listed several "native systemd configuration
files" that it looks for, and if they're absent, it takes info from
rc.conf. It's "strongly advised" (by the wiki) to use the native files.

Is there a package that provides these /etc files, like hostname,
vconsole.conf, locale.conf? It feels weird creating untracked files in
/etc. Is there interest in an aur package (e.g. systemd_etc_files) that I
could make with all the many comments and options that are essentially in
the rc.conf (or other files)? What package will eventually provide these?

MAQ.