Old 08-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Δημήτρης Ζέρβας

Default secondary dns with zone transfer

is there any free secondary dns provider that supports zone transfer?
BTW: well, this is kind of off topic as it hasn't to do with arch, but help
is needed... :P
thanks in advance!

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Menachem Moystoviz

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας <01ttouch@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there any free secondary dns provider that supports zone transfer?
> BTW: well, this is kind of off topic as it hasn't to do with arch, but help
> is needed... :P
> thanks in advance!
>
> --
> (\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
> (0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.
> (> <) come join the dark side.
> /_|_ (we have cookies.)

freedns.afraid.org apparently allows this:

> If you put a domain in afraid.org, you can edit TTL, Minimum, Allow/Deny AXFR's, and approve/disapprove others from using hosts on your domain. You can also share > your domain with the users of afraid.org, or your own web site visitors using our 'webclude' feature

But I never actually tested it.

Gesh

Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 PM
szu-han chen

On Aug 24, 2012 8:20 AM, "Menachem Moystoviz" <moystovi@g.jct.ac.il> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Δημήτρης Ζ*ρβας <01ttouch@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > is there any free secondary dns provider that supports zone transfer?
> > BTW: well, this is kind of off topic as it hasn't to do with arch, but
help
> > is needed... :P
> > thanks in advance!
> >
> > --
> > (\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
> > (0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.
> > (> <) come join the dark side.
> > /_|_ (we have cookies.)
>
> freedns.afraid.org apparently allows this:
>
> > If you put a domain in afraid.org, you can edit TTL, Minimum,
Allow/Deny AXFR's, and approve/disapprove others from using hosts on your
domain. You can also share > your domain with the users of afraid.org, or
your own web site visitors using our 'webclude' feature

> But I never actually tested it.
>
> Gesh

dns.he.net serves dual stack slave zones for free.

Linode allows slaving and AXFR for its five ns*, but you do need at least
one active service to use it.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Δημήτρης Ζέρβας

ok, thank you! I will check and I'll report back.