Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Virtualbox Linux guest performance very slow

Hi

the host is an Arch Linux 64bit install. I run Windows XP 32bit as
guest, getting a very good, fast performance.

I installed Fedora 17 64bit as guest and the performance is slow, the
mouse cursor is moving in slow motion. Is there anything I can do to get
a better performance?

Regards,
Ralf

PS: I also will install a backup of my Arch Linux as guest and then
switch to systemd for this guest . At the moment I got
caught in playing with LVM for the Fedora install, since I never used it
before, but systemd will be the next experiment.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

the host is an Arch Linux 64bit install. I run Windows XP 32bit as
guest, getting a very good, fast performance.

I installed Fedora 17 64bit as guest and the performance is slow, the
mouse cursor is moving in slow motion. Is there anything I can do to get
a better performance?

Regards,
Ralf

PS: I also will install a backup of my Arch Linux as guest and then
switch to systemd for this guest . At the moment I got
caught in playing with LVM for the Fedora install, since I never used it
before, but systemd will be the next experiment.

Install the guest additions. If you had an Arch guest you could simply
install them using pacman.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 08:58 +0200, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> On 22.08.2012 08:57, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > the host is an Arch Linux 64bit install. I run Windows XP 32bit as
> > guest, getting a very good, fast performance.
> >

> > I installed Fedora 17 64bit as guest and the performance is slow, the
> > mouse cursor is moving in slow motion. Is there anything I can do to get
> > a better performance?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ralf
> >
> > PS: I also will install a backup of my Arch Linux as guest and then
> > switch to systemd for this guest . At the moment I got
> > caught in playing with LVM for the Fedora install, since I never used it
> > before, but systemd will be the next experiment.
> >
> Install the guest additions. If you had an Arch guest you could simply
> install them using pacman.

I have to laugh about myself. I guess I already installed guest
additions to the host's Arch Linux . Some days ago the weather in
Germany was unbearable and at that time I installed it. Thank you and I
apologize that I didn't think about the guest additions myself.

I guess I should install them for the guest .

Ralf