Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Christian Hesse

Default lib -> usr/lib move, glibc and curl

Hello everybody,

I just updated an old system and had to go through the lib -> usr/lib move. I
did an

pacman -Syud --ignore glibc

and ended in a broken package manager. pacman is linked against libcurl,
which is compiled against glibc 2.16.0 and includes versioned symbols.
Luckily I had an old curl package around to temporarily fix the problem and
update the system.

Others may be out of luck, so... Do you think this needs some more
investigation?
--
main(a){char*c=/* Schoene Gruesse */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/* Chris get my mail address: */=0;b=c[a++]