Old 08-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Zeke Sulastin

Default systemd: Disable dhcpcd

> I'm using netcfg@eth0.service to configure a static IP, however it seems
> that systemd insists on starting dhcpcd, ...

> ... can anyone enlighten me on how to stop dhcpcd from being started as it's
> not needed? I simply can't find any unit in /etc/systemd that would be
> doing it.

In your actual netcfg profile "eth0", what is IP set to? On my own
home server, IP='static' (with ADDR, GATEWAY, and DNS defined after)
and dhcpcd is not started by netcfg (run from netcfg.service).

-ZekeS

Old 08-21-2012, 06:01 AM
David Hunter

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Simon Perry <arch@sanxion.net> wrote:
> I'm using netcfg@eth0.service to configure a static IP, however it seems
> that systemd insists on starting dhcpcd, and this screws up my
> resolv.conf.

You're probably still using initscripts compatibility, so systemd is
Empty DAEMONS so that systemd doesn't start anything from there.

Or better yet, install systemd-sysvcompat and say goodbye to sysvinit
completely.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Axilleas Pi

On 08/21/2012 07:54 AM, Simon Perry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today I've set up one of my VPS boxes with systemd after using it for a
> while on various laptops.
>
> I'm using netcfg@eth0.service to configure a static IP, however it seems
> that systemd insists on starting dhcpcd, and this screws up my
> resolv.conf.
>
> After a fair bit of looking around, I haven't found a solution to this,
> can anyone enlighten me on how to stop dhcpcd from being started as it's
> not needed? I simply can't find any unit in /etc/systemd that would be
> doing it.
>
> Cheers.

Doesn't this [0] work for you? This is how my desktop is set up.

[0]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/Services#Static_ethernet_network

Old 08-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Simon Perry

On 20/08/12, David Hunter wrote:

| Or better yet, install systemd-sysvcompat and say goodbye to sysvinit
| completely.

Ah, very good - that worked a treat (nice to have a reboot command again
too).

Cheers.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)