Old 08-20-2012, 04:30 PM
andrea crotti

Default Running Spin

I was trying again to use spin after a long time, and it doesn't seem
to work on arch anymore:

[Src6.2.2]$ ./spin ../Samples/p102.pml
sh: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory
spin: preprocessing failed

I first installed it from AUR and then compiled it myself, compiling
doesn't give any problem but running
anything give the above problem.. Anyone saw that too?

Old 08-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Guillaume Brunerie

On 2012/8/20 andrea crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying again to use spin after a long time, and it doesn't seem
> to work on arch anymore:
>
> [Src6.2.2]$ ./spin ../Samples/p102.pml
> sh: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory
> spin: preprocessing failed
>
> I first installed it from AUR and then compiled it myself, compiling
> doesn't give any problem but running
> anything give the above problem.. Anyone saw that too?

Hello,
Did you try to recompile it?

According to the FHS,
> If a C preprocessor is installed, /lib/cpp must be a reference to it, for historical reasons.
But it seems that ArchLinux got rid of it recently (this file was
present before the /lib -> /usr/lib transition but I do not have it
anymore)

So I guess that the following command would fix the problem
> # ln -s /usr/bin/cpp /lib/cpp

If the problem occurs in the latest version of spin, you should
probably file a bug report to make spin use /usr/bin/cpp instead of
/lib/cpp.

Guillaume

Old 08-20-2012, 04:54 PM
andrea crotti

2012/8/20 Guillaume Brunerie <guillaume.brunerie@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> Did you try to recompile it?
>
> According to the FHS,
>> If a C preprocessor is installed, /lib/cpp must be a reference to it, for historical reasons.
> But it seems that ArchLinux got rid of it recently (this file was
> present before the /lib -> /usr/lib transition but I do not have it
> anymore)
>
> So I guess that the following command would fix the problem
>> # ln -s /usr/bin/cpp /lib/cpp
>
> If the problem occurs in the latest version of spin, you should
> probably file a bug report to make spin use /usr/bin/cpp instead of
> /lib/cpp.
>
> Guillaume

Yes thanks now it works with this, but I could not understand why on
earth cpp should be in lib, didn't know about this historical reason..
I'll report the spin developers then, thanks