Old 08-18-2012, 11:45 AM
"Zachary (Asian)"

Default UPnP server for a arch router

hello,
i am moving to a dorm soon and i plan on using a archlinux box as a
router. to keep from messing with iptables every 5 seconds, i was
wondering if there was a good, easy to setup upnp server.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Kevin Chadwick

> i am moving to a dorm soon and i plan on using a archlinux box as a
> router. to keep from messing with iptables every 5 seconds, i was
> wondering if there was a good, easy to setup upnp server.

Why not have two nics, one that allows incoming to any ports you may
ever want and one that doesn't.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)

Old 08-18-2012, 02:11 PM
"Zachary (Asian)"

i do, but you already need one facing the internet and one facing the
intranet.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:44 PM
"Zachary (Asian)"

to clarify a little (and bump), im talking about the UPnP IGD protocol. if
there isnt a good server out there, then even a link to a clear explanation
of the protocol would be nice, IIRC the RFC was more difficult to
understand than most

Old 08-19-2012, 02:48 AM
Alishams Hassam

Hi, I use linux-igd on Debian, the Arch package is at
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=12319 I cannot attest to how
well it works on Arch, however I'm sure it's similar. Very easy to set
up, just putting the interfaces you want it to listen on, in the conf
file and it does the rest. I use it with Shorewall as I'm lazy and
don't like editing iptables rules by hand ;p

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Zachary (Asian)