Old 08-18-2012, 07:58 AM
fredbezies

Default No working sound with systemd and pulseaudio ?

Hello.

Yesterday, I wanted to test systemd, and all worked well, thanks to the wiki.

For this test, I used a VirtualBox machine with archlinux in it. I
didn't want to bust my main computer.

There is big problem. Audio is not working.

Every single time sound is needed, I got something like this in my
/var/log/errors.log

[pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: org.bluez.Manager.ListAdapters()
failed: org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit
dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory. See
system logs and 'systemctl status dbus-org.bluez.service' for details.

It is blocking every sound, even if soundcard is well detected.

Packages lists :

PulseAudio 2.1-1
systemd 188-2
systemd-arch-units 20120704
systemd-sysvcompat 188-2

I have the same kind of logs with my main computer, with classical
initscripts, but at least, sound is working.

[pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: org.bluez.Manager.ListAdapters()
failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Launch helper
exited with unknown return code 1

Any idea ?

Thanks !

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 08-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Jesse Jaara

Have you unmuted the channels?

Old 08-18-2012, 08:13 AM
fredbezies

2012/8/18 Jesse Jaara <jesse.jaara@gmail.com>:
> Have you unmuted the channels?

All channels are activated.

I will try systemctl start alsa-restore and see... But that's weird

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 08-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Jesse Jaara

Have you unmuted the sound card's own channels too? And not just the
pulseaudio's.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:27 AM
fredbezies

2012/8/18 Jesse Jaara <jesse.jaara@gmail.com>:
> Have you unmuted the sound card's own channels too? And not just the
> pulseaudio's.

Both pulseaudio and sound cards channels are unmuted.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com